Heal Your Body and Mind with Apple iPad App
Author: B Healthy U, LLC
Published: 2010-04-26 : (Rev. 2011-03-18)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Affordable app shows how different lifestyle factors interact and offers expert advice on health and fitness.
Main DigestHeal Your "Body & Mind" on the iPad, Too! Affordable App Shows How Different Lifestyle Factors Interact and Offers Expert Advice on Health & Fitness.
Body & Mind Connection, released last month by B Healthy U, LLC for the Apple iPhone, is now available on the new iPad for only 99 cents. The app is the first of its kind to help people live healthier lifestyles by showing how various lifestyle factors interact with one another, which among other things can help them eat better, sleep better and handle stress better. Also offered are daily diet and exercise tips from world-class experts, including Dr. David Katz, director of the Yale University Prevention Research Center, and Joe Decker, recognized as "The World's Fittest Man" after breaking the Guinness World Records 24-Hour Physical Fitness Challenge in 2000.
Each day, the app asks users to rate, on a scale of one to five, how they have performed on a set of eight lifestyle factors: diet, exercise, sleep, hunger, energy, mood, stress and weight. With many people, lack of sleep can wreak havoc with their appetites. With others, eating highly processed foods can create uncontrollable hunger, which may lead to weight gain. Once users become aware of these relationships through the use of color-coded graphs, they can adjust their lifestyle to better match their health and fitness goals. After using the app daily for two weeks, users receive a printable diploma, and after one month, they receive a graduate degree.
"I want to help people change their lives for the better, 60 seconds at a time," said Mitzi Perdue, Founder of B Healthy U. "That's all the time you need to spend each day rating the different factors and not only learning more about your everyday habits, but what you can do to change them."
Body & Mind's diet information comes from Dr. David Katz, a world authority in nutrition and weight management who has studied thousands of diets. The exercise tips come from Joe Decker, an ultra-endurance power athlete, fitness trainer and syndicated columnist who has helped thousands of people get into shape and lose weight. Encouragement and moral support comes directly from the program's author, Mitzi Perdue. As Founder of Healthy U of Delmarva, a community lifestyle improvement effort on Maryland's Eastern Shore, she has spoken with thousands of people and seen the joy they have felt when they've lost weight, reclaimed their energy, are able to sleep well or have had their moods improve.
Body & Mind Connection is available for only $0.99 (USD) through the App Store on the iPhone or iPad. It can also be downloaded by clicking the "Available on the App Store" buttons at www.bhealthyu.com. Promo codes are available upon request for qualified reviewers.
About Mitzi Perdue -Mitzi Perdue, heiress to the Sheraton Hotel chain, has authored more than 1,600 newspaper and magazine articles on food, nutrition, agriculture and the environment. She is the founder of Healthy U of Delmarva, a 9,000-member organization which encourages healthy lifestyles through awards for outstanding workplace wellness programs. Mitzi's work in the field of encouraging healthy lifestyles has earned her numerous awards, including Woman's Day Magazine's "Women Who Inspire Us" award and the Ellis Island National Medal of Honor. She is currently working on a book chronicling her life, including her upbringing in a hotel family and marriage to the late Frank Perdue, the well-known CEO of Perdue Farms.
About B Healthy U -B Healthy U, LLC is a publisher of mobile applications for the iPhone and iPad that specializes in giving users the tools they need to make important lifestyle changes. For more information, visit www.bhealthyu.com.
- 1: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (2014/10/17)
- 2: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : The Optical Society (2014/11/14)
- 3: 3dRudder: Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller : Disabled World (2017/01/02)
- 4: 3dRudder Foot Mouse : Stanislas Chesnais (2020/11/24)
- 5: Tablet Computers for Educational Medium : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015/01/23)
- 6: Sitecues: Improving Patron Web Accessibility : Ai Squared (2016/06/02)
- 7: How to Create God Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 : Disabled World (2020/09/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.