Art Exhibit in Honor of National Disability Employment Awareness Month
Author: Office of the Governor Rick Perry
Synopsis and Key Points:
Public art exhibit of past and current NDEAM posters and original artwork October 10 through 14 on Ground Floor Rotunda of the Texas State Capitol.
Main DigestTexas Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities Presents Art Exhibit in Honor of National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
In celebration of National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM), the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities will present a public art exhibit of past and current NDEAM posters and original artwork October 10 through 14 on the Ground Floor Rotunda of the Texas State Capitol.
NDEAM helps raise awareness of disability issues and provides employers with information about the benefits of hiring people with disabilities.
Each year, the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities sponsors a competition for the art that will be featured on Texas' NDEAM poster. Any Texas artist with a disability is eligible to submit artwork, and a team of judges decides on the winner.
Patricia Hiebeler of Houston is the 2011 poster artist, whose painting titled "Me and My Bike" tells the story of the value of perseverance in the face of obstacles.
The Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities works to ensure Texans with disabilities may live their lives with integrity, independence and productivity, and promotes compliance with disability laws, recommends policy changes and supports local committees with similar purposes.
Gov. Perry has declared October Persons with Disabilities History and Awareness Month in Texas. To view the governor's proclamation, please visit governor.state.tx.us/news/proclamation/16649/
For more information about the NDEAM Art Exhibit or the art competition, please contact Jo Virgil in the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities at (512) 463-5740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 - Interact Artists Online Exhibition to Raise Money for Disability Visibility : Interact Center for Visual & Performing Arts (2020/05/15)
- 2 - Memorial Dedicated to FDR's Disability Will Feature Personal Tributes to People with Disabilities : Marc Diamond, Chair, FDR Hope Memorial Committee (2016/07/05)
- 3 - Funding Available for Arts Participation by People with Disability : National Arts and Disability Center at UCLA (NADC) (2020/03/28)
- 4 - Sight Unseen: Tacticle Feedback Exhibit That Blind Can See : 3DPhotoWorks LLC (2016/03/21)
- 5 - Gracie's Place Art Studio : Marcella (Marcy) Hernandez, Founder/Artist/Author - Gracie's Place Art Studio; The International Association of Artists With Disabilities (2019/09/18)
- 6 - Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)
- 7 - The Inside Man (Die Binneman) - Julius van der Wat : Obie Oberholzer (2015/12/09)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.