Paul Fejtek First Person with Brachial Plexus Palsy to Climb all Seven Summits
Author: Challenged Athletes Foundation
Published: 2010-05-26 - (Updated: 2019-03-06)
Paul Fejtek a person with Brachial Plexus Palsy climbs the highest mountain on each continent.
Challenge of a Lifetime? - Achieved!
Paul Fejtek has successfully achieved his goal of being the first person with Brachial Plexus Palsy to climb all Seven Summits (the highest mountain on each continent).
With wife Denise by his side, Paul reached the earth's highest peak and paused for a moment to take it all in.
"Standing on the summit of Mt. Everest was truly amazing," he said. "It was the experience of a lifetime."
Brachial Plexus Palsy is a birth injury affecting muscles in the arm, shoulder and hand.
Paul wholeheartedly believes that courage, creativity, and perseverance are the magical ingredients that can help each and every one of us overcome any adversity. He's now living proof that dreams can be reached!
Paul and Denise are seeing to it that the dreams of others are fulfilled as well.
Last month, the Everybody to Everest group made their charity trek to Everest Base Camp to cheer on Paul & Denise before they set off to reach the 29,029 foot summit of the earth's highest peak.
The team members spent months training hard for their high-altitude adventure to Nepal, at the same time working even harder to raise funds for the Challenged Athletes Foundation, an organization providing grants for prosthetic limbs and specialized equipment enabling those with physical disabilities the opportunity to pursue active lifestyles through physical fitness and competitive athletics.
The Everybody to Everest participants have raised over $100,000 for CAF.
Founded in 1997, The Challenged Athletes Foundation has raised more than $25 million and has provided in excess of 4,500 grants to deserving athletes including among others, U.S. Paralympians and American soldiers wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.
To learn more about the journeys of those who were involved in the Everybody to Everest Challenge or to make a donation, please visit: www.everybodytoeverest.com
Paul is a Managing Director of Hunter Wise Financial Group, LLC, www.hunterwise.com Irvine, California, an investment bank providing corporate financing, merger, acquisition, divestiture and advisory services.
When asked what they look forward to next, Paul and Denise quickly replied, "A shower."
- 1 - I Got More Help at The Cinema Than the Optician! : Daniel Williams (2020/02/28)
- 2 - When You Are Scared or No Longer Care - Mental Illness and Violence : Thomas C. Weiss (2015/11/15)
- 3 - People First Language: An Oppositional Viewpoint : Guest Post (2015/01/13)
- 4 - What-Up Birds? A Heartwarming SOFTIN Memory : Capt. David Bacon, Executive Director, SOFTIN (2010/02/01)
- 5 - How to Develop Self Discipline : Rosemarie Rossetti, Ph.D. (2008/02/01)
- 6 - Jessica Cox: Pilot with No Arms and Inspirational Speaker : Disabled World (2009/04/21)
- 7 - Building Your Net Worth Through Friendships : Rosemarie Rossetti, Ph.D. (2009/06/02)