Edie Mourre Scholarship for Braille Transcribers, Proofreaders or Teachers
Author: Crawford Technologies : Contact: +1 (866) 679-0864
Synopsis and Key Points:
Crawford Technologies donates to Edie Mourre Scholarship, a fund used to educate recipients studying to become qualified Braille transcribers, proofreaders or teachers.
Crawford Technologies is the first company in Canada to donate to the Edie Mourre Scholarship, a fund used to educate recipients studying to become qualified Braille transcribers, proofreaders or teachers.
Braille Literacy Canada established an annual scholarship in memory of Edie Mourre in 2008. Mourre was one of the CNIB's (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) most influential employees and advocates for Braille. She was Treasurer of The Canadian Braille Authority and the chair of the English Braille Standards Committee, the parent committee for the tactile research project. She also served on the Early Literacy Materials Production Committee of the Braille Authority of North America, and as a member of the Unified English Braille Formats Committee of the International Council on English Braille.
"Braille Literacy Canada provides important services to the industry and we are very proud to support them," said Ernie Crawford, President of Crawford Technologies. "We employ graduates with skills in Braille and feel the 'Edie Mourre Scholarship' is important to attract new upcoming talent to the industry."
Crawford Technologies' Document Accessibility Solutions provide organizations around the world with alternate formats including Braille, large print, e-text, audio and accessible PDF/UA formats for documents such as bills, statements and many more documents published by businesses and government organizations.
For the visually impaired and for others, the ability to access their bills, statements and other documents means greater independence. With over 21 million North Americans having profound visual impairment, governments and corporations alike are seeking to eliminate the barriers in providing reasonable accommodation for information accessibility.
Braille Literacy Canada is a registered charity dedicated to the promotion of braille as the primary medium of literacy for those who are blind or visually impaired. The organization is comprised of educators, braille transcribers, braille producers, parents of braille users and braille users.
Braille Literacy Canada was originally founded in 1990 as the Canadian Braille Authority. In 2013 it officially became Braille Literacy Canada.
Crawford Technologies is an award-winning, worldwide leader in print-stream transformation, document re-engineering, workflow, document accessibility and archiving software solutions. For nearly 20 years, Crawford Technologies has continuing to grow and expand their solution offerings in the Enterprise Output Management (EOM), Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Document Accessibility markets.
Since 1995, Crawford Technologies' award-winning solutions have helped over 1,800 companies around the world reduce costs associated with multi-channel customer communications' by delivering bills, statements and other mission-critical transactional communications to their customers in the format preferred by each customer. This includes print formats for laser and inkjet printers, online formats like PDF, HTML and XML and alternate format documents in Braille, Large Print, PDF/UA, Audio and E-text for visually impaired and print-disabled customers.
With CrawfordTech's range of unique software products and services, our clients simplify, automate and extend document delivery cost effectively - irrespective of current, legacy or future standards in infrastructure or document output. These clients, including four of the top five US banks, four of the top five US insurance companies and four of the world's top five car manufacturers, are realizing high-value results as costs associated with document processes are minimized through automation, new opportunities for savings across critical communications are realized and they react quickly to changes in regulations, policies, business requirements and technical infrastructure.
CrawfordTech's quality software, expert support and transactional document business knowledge help clients to meet operational, service, marketing, legal and compliance requirements and automate the delivery of billions of communications to their customers annually. Simply put, companies look to Crawford Technologies for a platform-independent approach, leading system performance and superior output fidelity. Please visit www.crawfordtech.com to find out more about CrawfordTech's clients, people, partners and solutions.
- 1 - Examining Feelings of Inclusion Among Students with Disabilities : New York University (NYU) (2017/10/27)
- 2 - Raising the Bar on Classroom Feedback Techniques for All Learners : Elizabeth Barker and Kristin Basinger (2020/05/14)
- 3 - Millions of Children with Disabilities Out of School : International Disability and Development Consortium (2016/10/19)
- 4 - IBM Watson Education App Provides Personalized Learning for K-12 Teachers and Students : IBM (2016/10/22)
- 5 - CogniFit Helps Educators Improve Quality of Learning by Training Specific Cognitive Abilities : CogniFit (2016/10/31)
- 6 - Irvine School of Medicine's Revolutionary iPad Program : Elsevier (2010/08/26)
- 7 - List of Colleges and Universities in the United States : Disabled World (2012/04/24)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.