Therapy for Sensory Processing Disorder - Financial Help Available
Author: Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation : Contact: +1 303-794-1182
Published: 2015-01-16 : (Rev. 2016-09-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Due to generous donors, STAR Center Denver, Colorado has scholarships available for Sensory Processing Disorder treatment for families in need.
Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) affects four million people in the United States. It can be a debilitating condition affecting daily activities and relationships, impairing quality of life. SPD is a neurological disorder that disrupts the way an individual processes and responds to sensations. A person with SPD usually has difficulty with social interactions, emotion and behavior regulation, and/or motor performance.
Generous donors have enabled the STAR Center to be able to offer financial help for families by way of scholarships used for Occupational Therapy in treating SPD.
The scholarships provide financial aid to families seeking solutions for their children with SPD, and other sensory challenges related to Attention Deficit Hypertension Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectral Disorder (ASD) and other behavioral and developmental disabilities.
Scholarships are used for treatment at STAR center and support full or partial cost of therapy based on financial need.
One of the families that received a scholarship said, "Receiving a scholarship from the STAR Center has been a life changing experience. STAR Center engages the entire family as a team to encourage and promote the special needs child."
The staff at STAR Center includes licensed occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, psychologists, feeding experts, dietitians and family therapists who collaborate to deliver a treatment plan individualized to each client.
"Children with SPD have challenges getting through each day," said Sheryl Benjamin, executive director, STAR Center. "Insurance often does not cover treatment and we are thrilled to be able to provide funding for families in need of critical help. We hope that with the generous support of donors, we will be able to expand this scholarship to assist even more families."
Applications for scholarships are accepted online at www.starcenterscholarships.org and require that the child be accepted into the therapy program and able to come to STAR Center in Colorado. Information also available for donating to the scholarship fund.
STAR Center, a Colorado 501(c)(3), is the premier treatment center for children and families living with Sensory Processing Disorder, feeding disorders, and other sensory conditions associated with ADHD, autism, and other developmental disorders.
STAR Center offers intensive "burst" treatment that research shows is effective in treating sensory issues.
Parents are involved throughout the process so families can learn to create sensory lifestyles and continue to see progress after the formal treatment program ends.
Dr. Lucy Jane Miller, founder of STAR Center and Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation, is widely recognized as the leader in Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) research worldwide.
For more information about the Greenwood Village, Colorado clinic, visit www.SPDStar.org
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.