SCAN Health Plan California
Author: SCAN Health Plan
Synopsis and Key Points:
SCAN is now available to Medicare-eligible individuals in San Francisco, Contra Costa, Santa Clara and San Joaquin counties.
Main DigestSCAN Health Plan's Northern California Launch Embraced by Local Seniors - More Than 3,100 Medicare-Eligible Individuals Join the Health Plan as it Successfully Launches in Four Local Counties...
SCAN Health Plan announced today that membership enrollment in its Medicare Advantage Plan in Northern California exceeded company projections with more than 3,100 individuals joining the not-for-profit plan's recent launch in four local counties. Eligible individuals may continue to join SCAN until March 31.
Serving more than 110,000 Medicare members in Southern California and Arizona, SCAN is now available to Medicare-eligible individuals in San Francisco, Contra Costa, Santa Clara and San Joaquin counties. Affiliated medical groups in those counties include Affinity Medical Group, Brown & Toland Medical Group, Hill Physicians Medical Group, John Muir Physician Network, Omni IPA Medical Group and Santa Clara County IPA.
"Our goal was to bring to Northern California a unique mission and a three-decade track record of providing services that enhance seniors' ability to manage their health while allowing them to continue to control where and how they live," said SCAN CEO Dave Schmidt. "We are thrilled by the response we've received and how local seniors have embraced our focus on affordability, personal attention and exceptional care provided by an outstanding network of local physicians."
SCAN members receive all of the basic healthcare benefits covered under Medicare as well as additional benefits such as annual routine physical exams, preventive screenings, prescription drug coverage, access to SCAN OnCall, a 24-hour nurse advice line, and more.
Unlike most Medicare Advantage plans, SCAN has no commercial members, thus allowing the plan to dedicate 100 percent of its energy and programs toward serving older adults across the wide spectrum of aging. Over the past five years, the health plan has doubled its membership thanks to its reputation for member-centric services, competitive benefit plans and a commitment to looking for innovative ways to serve people with Medicare.
For more than 30 years, SCAN Health Plan has been focusing on the unique needs of people with Medicare and today is the fourth-largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage Plan in the United States. Further information may be obtained at scanhealthplan.com.
- 1 - Action Needed to Address Social Security Disability Insurance Finances : The National Academy of Social Insurance (2013/05/24)
- 2 - Disability Insurance Services Campaign: What Will You Say : Disability Insurance Services Inc. (2011/04/25)
- 3 - Critical Illness Insurance : Frank N. Darras (2009/10/28)
- 4 - Benefits of Travel Insurance : Greath Owen (2008/12/29)
- 5 - How to File a SSDI Claim : Allsup (2010/01/08)
- 6 - United States Senate Finance Committee to Investigate Long-Term Disability Insurance Claims : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/24)
- 7 - Health Insurance Options for the Self Employed : Disabled World (2009/02/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.