Accessible UK & London Black Cabs Within 5 Minutes of Booking
Author: assist-Mi : Contact: assist-Mi.com
Partnership makes over 8000 black cabs in London and a further 2000 throughout the UK fully accessible for disabled travelers.
Revolutionary app assist-Mi and black cab app Gett have announced a groundbreaking partnership that offers a new level of accessibility to disabled people traveling around London and more widely across the UK.
assist-Mi users will have access to Gett's premium corporate black cab solution, giving them priority booking, and waiting times of less than 5 minutes. Consolidated reporting, including instant email receipts will minimize the hassle of having to compile expenses and/or Access to Work taxi claims manually. Gett's corporate solution also offers fixed prices over longer distances with savings of up to 30% on metered fares.
In a busy and ever changing transport environment, and with the prevalence of the smartphone and its increasing capabilities, this partnership offers a disruptive technology as a force for positive change, not only a cheap taxi ride. This empowers the disabled consumer, offering a fully inclusive and accessible London. In line with Gett's position as the only national on-demand taxi app, this will soon be rolled out across the UK.
Disabled man in wheelchair alongside a Black Cab
Gett has a 100% black cab guarantee, meaning that the 8000+ taxis that Gett works with in London are fully accessible for disabled passengers, not only those with folding wheelchairs. Over 2000 Gett drivers in other cities across the UK are similarly accessible. In addition, Gett offers a feature within the app to further assist people with visual impairments, enabling them to use pre-existing smartphone technology to order a cab.
Disabled travelers wanting to take advantage of this new service can simply download the assist-Mi app, and click on the Gett icon. They will then fill in registration details required for their Gett account and will have their account activated within 1 working day. By registering in this way they will be automatically associated with the assist-Mi corporate account giving them all the added benefits of a premium user.
Dom Hyams, Communications & Digital Director of assist-Mi says "I have been working in central London and using black cabs every day for many years as the public transport network can't quite accommodate me in my wheelchair. I'm over the moon that we have now teamed up with Gett, so many more people can realize what a fabulous service they provide, and how accommodating black cabs can be to disabled travelers. We are looking forward to seeing where this partnership can take accessible travel in the future"
Dr. Remo Gerber, Gett's MD Western Europe, says "Gett is tremendously proud to partner with assist-mi, if our technology can make people's lives easier then we've achieved our goal. Mobility is at the heart of our business and we believe that there should be no barriers to getting around town safely and with ease."
- All at no additional cost
- Consolidated taxi receipts
- Priority 5 minute booking service
- Fixed prices over longer distances with savings of up to 30%
- 1 - Amtrak Everyday Rail Travel Discounts : Disabled World (2018/09/06)
- 2 - Roadside Assistance and Home Service for Wheelchair Users : Laura Slawny (2019/06/16)
- 3 - London Public Transport - A Nightmare for Wheelchair Users : Bolt Burdon Kemp (2019/04/12)
- 4 - New Wheelchair Accessible MV-1 Empire Taxi for NYC - Mobility Ventures : Mobility Ventures LLC (2016/01/11)
- 5 - Updated ADA Guidelines for Buses and Vans - Access Board : United States Access Board (2016/12/21)
- 6 - CareRides: Accessible Transportation for the Elderly by Lyft and CareLinx : CareLinx (2016/12/12)
- 7 - NY City Adds 147 New MV-1's to Access-A-Ride Fleet : Mobility Ventures (2014/12/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.