Purple Enhances P3 Deaf and Hearing Impaired Communications Application
Author: Purple Communications(i) : Contact: ip-relay.com
Published: 2010-01-21 : (Rev. 2019-05-12)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Purple Communications text and video relay and on-site interpreting services communication suite for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Purple Communications is a leading provider of on-site interpreting services, video relay and text relay services.
Purple Communications is focused on designing products that fully meet the needs of our customers.
Purple Enhances P3 Communications Application, Optimizing Caller Experience - New Customer-Inspired Features Provide Easy, Personal, Anywhere Connections for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
Purple Communications , Inc. a leading provider of text and video relay and on-site interpreting services, today announced a new version of P3, the company's software communication suite designed for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Building on the P3 software's core communication capabilities, including video relay service (VRS), IP-Relay, and direct video ("point-to-point") communication, the latest version adds new features most requested by Purple's customers, including more call notification options, Purple Mail video messaging, and an improved contact list.
"Today Purple Communications is focused on designing products that fully meet the needs of our customers," said Ronald E. Obray, Vice Chairman. "Our P3 application is a prime example of a product built 100% on feedback we received from the deaf and hard of hearing community."
P3 Software Keeps You Connected Your Way
The latest version of the P3 communication software adds three primary features, including Purple Mail , new on-screen and external call notification options, and a completely redesigned contact list. It also includes dozens of "under the hood" updates that improve picture quality, performance, and stability.
When a P3 software user misses a call, callers can now leave a video message called Purple Mail. Users can view Purple Mail messages with just a few clicks, right inside the P3 application.
New Call Notification Options
P3 software can now notify users when there's an incoming call, even when the users aren't actively using the P3 application. When a call comes in, the P3 software alerts users by flashing their PC screen. For a stronger alert, users can attach an external light signaler, which flashes when there's an incoming call.
Improved Contact List
Users can now add and update contact entries in their contact list, while still benefiting from the P3's software's special, one-click calling.
Sharper Video, Same Great Interpreting
Other enhancements ensure users experience the sharpest picture possible, while still getting quick, easy access to Purple's industry leading interpreters.
Pricing, Availability, System Requirements
Beginning today, users can download the latest version of P3 software for free by visiting www.purple.us . Existing users of P3 software will receive the free update automatically when they next sign in to the P3 application.
P3 software requires a PC with Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, and a webcam.
Users can learn more about the P3 software and download the application for free at www.purple.us.
Purple Communications is a leading provider of on-site interpreting services, video relay and text relay services, and video remote interpreting, offering a wide array of options designed to meet the varied communication needs of its customers. The Company's vision is to enable free-flowing communication between people, inclusive of differences in abilities, languages, or locations. For more information on the Company or its services, visit www.purple.us or contact Purple Communications directly by voice at (415) 408-2300, by Internet relay by visiting www.i711.com or www.ip-relay.com, or by video phone by connecting to hovrs.tv.
"i711", "Purple", and the Purple logo are registered trademarks of Purple Communications, Inc. "Purple Mail", "Powered by Purple", "i711.com", "IP-Relay.com", and "P3" are either registered trademarks, trademarks, or service marks of Purple Communications, Inc. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(i)Source/Reference: Purple Communications. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Indian Sign Language Dictionary in India : Press Trust of India (2017/03/22)
- 2 - Policy Changes Needed for American Sign language and English Language Learners : Linguistic Society of America (2018/06/11)
- 3 - Sign Language May Offer Answer to Meaning of Music : New York University (2017/08/16)
- 4 - Purple Enhances P3 Deaf and Hearing Impaired Communications Application : Purple Communications (2010/01/21)
- 5 - British Sign Language: Facts and Information : Neil Payne/George Spence (2009/01/20)
- 6 - American Sign Language Facts and Information : Disabled World (2009/01/20)
- 7 - SRV Canada Video Relay Service for People with Hearing Disability : Canadian Administrator of VRS (CAV), Inc. (2016/09/29)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.