ChairMaster - Resistance Training and Cycling While Sitting
Published: 2013-02-27 : (Rev. 2013-06-06)
Innovative fitness chair combines low impact cycling with resistance training to provide a total body workout.
Main DigestInnovative fitness chair combines low impact cycling with resistance training to provide a total body workout.
Cascade Health and Fitness, a dedicated team with more than 25 years of experience creating fitness products that are affordable and easy to use, today introduced the ChairMaster, an innovative fitness chair that combines low impact cycling with resistance training to provide a total body workout.
Suitable for all ages and fitness levels, the ChairMaster provides a "sit and get fit" approach to exercise that helps users increase strength and flexibility while improving cardiovascular conditioning and balance.
"Most of us, no matter what our age, spend the better part of our day sitting, which studies show can significantly impact our overall health," said John Post, president of Cascade Health and Fitness and former Stair-master executive.
Resistance training in the ChairMaster
"The ChairMaster helps solve that problem creating an opportunity for people to transform their daily sit time routine of watching television or checking email into fit time. The ChairMaster is an attractive chair that complements any living room while providing 50 exercises to choose from to increase aerobic fitness, strength and flexibility."
According to the Mayo Clinic, researchers have linked sitting for long periods of time with a number of health issues, including obesity and metabolic syndrome - a cluster of conditions that includes increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist and abnormal cholesterol levels.
Cycling while sitting in the Chairmaster
Too much sitting also seems to increase the risk of death from cardiovascular disease and cancer. Using the ChairMaster is one way to add movement and muscle activity into a daily routine to combat the negative impact of sedentary behavior.
In addition to home use, the ChairMaster is an ideal fitness solution for active aging communities and is less intimidating to use than treadmills, elliptical machines and other pieces of exercise equipment.
"Our residents' cycle to help with endurance and energy levels and use the resistance bands to increase their core strength," said Candace Peters, certified personal trainer at GenCare Lifestyle, a senior and assisted living facility located in the Seattle-area. "The ChairMaster helps our residents improve their quality of life from the comfort of a chair."
Chairmaster in closed position
Available in brown or black, the ChairMaster and can be purchased directly at www.chairmaster.com for $1,195.00 and includes a 30-day money back guarantee.
Headquartered in Woodinville, Washington, Cascade Health and Fitness is comprised of a dedicated team with more than 25 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, including StairMaster Inc. and LeMond Fitness.
The ChairMaster is the first in a new line of innovative products designed to make it easier to exercise more often, with the goal of improving individual health and wellness. For further information visit www.chairmaster.com
- 1 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 2 - Manual Wheelchair Exercise and Calorie Burning : University of Tennessee (2011/10/29)
- 3 - HealthPedal: Pedal Powered Mobility and Fitness Wheelchair Device : HealthPedal (2019/07/19)
- 4 - Exercises to Strengthen Pelvic Floor Muscles : Dr Jenny Tylee (2009/03/24)
- 5 - Wheelchair Exercises and Fitness Training : Disabled World (2009/02/10)
- 6 - Green Exercise for Good Mental Health : American Chemical Society (2010/05/01)
- 7 - Wheelchair Fitness: Invictus Active Trainer : Invictus Active (2015/10/07)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.