Prosthodontists - Solutions for Tooth Loss
Author: American College of Prosthodontists
Teeth become more brittle and easier to break as you age and bone loss and gum disease increase causing teeth to loosen.
Main DigestProsthodontists Offer Solutions to Baby Boomers Facing Tooth Loss...
Baby boomers experiencing tooth loss now or in the future will keep on smiling, thanks to techniques practiced by prosthodontists - highly trained dentists specializing in beautiful smiles through the restoration and replacement of lost teeth.
On average, Americans between the ages of 50 and 64 will have lost as many as six teeth (not including the "wisdom" teeth), according to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research.
Ten percent of people over age 50 have lost all of their teeth, and for those over age 75, that number jumps to one in three, based on the NIDCR report.. Fortunately, prosthodontic techniques and new technologies, are making it possible for boomers to keep smiling.
"Teeth become more brittle and easier to break as you age. Bone loss and gum disease increase, causing teeth to loosen," said Tal Morr, D.M.D., M.S.D., North Miami Beach, FL, a member of the American College of Prosthodontists. "Plus, there are other inevitable deteriorations of your teeth, such as thinning enamel, a darker appearance and becoming worn down. We have the know-how and technology to turn back the clock and place natural-looking teeth."
Chief among the prosthodontists' arsenal of procedures is the revolutionary technique of dental implants, which have become the standard of care in the replacement of teeth. With three additional years of training after dental school, prosthodontists are the leading practitioners of implant technology. They often engineer complete reconstructions for the loss of all teeth and are known in the industry as "dental architects."
The American College of Prosthodontists is the professional association of dentists with advanced specialty training who restore and replace teeth to create optimal oral health, both in function and appearance.
Prosthodontic procedures include including dental implants, dentures, veneers, crowns and teeth brightening.
Visit www.gotoapro.org to find a prosthodontist near you. For more information see www.prosthodontics.org
- 1 - Children Should Use Fluoridated Toothpaste : University of Manchester (2010/01/20)
- 2 - Home Teeth Whitening Options for Stained or Yellow Teeth : Disabled World (2009/03/16)
- 3 - Common Foods and Drinks that Stain Teeth : Disabled World (2012/09/11)
- 4 - Get Rid of Coffee Stains On Teeth : Disabled World (2009/03/16)
- 5 - When Should I Start Taking My Child to the Dentist : Disabled World (2010/08/07)
- 6 - Do Teeth Whitening Kits Really Work : Disabled World (2009/03/16)
- 7 - Home Teeth Whitening Reduces Tooth Enamel : Journal of Dentistry (2009/04/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.