Ultrasound Therapy for Brow Lifts and Skin Tightening
Author: Dermatology, Laser and Vein Specialists of the Carolinas (DLVSC)
Ultherapy is a revolutionary application of focused ultrasound technology for skin tightening and lifting cosmetic surgery.
Main DigestGravity Defying High Tech Ultrasound Therapy for No-Surgery Brow Lifts and Skin Tightening.
Ultherapy, a revolutionary application of focused ultrasound technology for skin tightening and lifting is now offered for the first time in the Carolinas in Charlotte at Dermatology, Laser and Vein Specialists of the Carolinas (DLVSC).
Ultherapy allows physicians to focus sound waves deep under the skin to heat, lift and tighten loose skin without needles, cutting surgery or any damage to the skin's surface. New collagen is naturally created and restore skins youthfulness. In addition, the deeper layers of the skin are thermally tightened and contract, to lift the skin. This latest FDA cleared technology is being used primarily on the face to lift sagging brows, reduce excess skin on the lids and open up the eyes thus wiping away years for a younger, rejuvenated look.
"Our patients love Ultherapy because unlike other non-surgical skin tightening procedures, they see an immediate measurable improvement and a smoothening effect right away," says Dr. Girish (Gilly) Munavalli, MD, MHS, a board certified dermatologist and medical director of Dermatology, Laser and Vein Specialists of the Carolinas. "The results only get better over the course of two to three months as old collagen and elastin is restructured and newer and stronger collagen is added. Ultrasound is an extremely safe technology that has been used in medicine for decades. While, we've used ultrasound for years in our vein clinic, we are very excited about using this unprecedented application of the technology for the first time in cosmetic dermatology," adds Dr. Munavalli.
Ultherapy is a quick lunch time procedure that offers a no-downtime treatment lasting between 30 to 60 minutes. In just a single treatment session, the Ultherapy device take images of the deep inner layers of the skin and a wand like treatment hand piece delivers heat to areas requiring treatment.
"I love that Ultherapy works in a natural looking manner," says Vicki Keppel, a patient treated by Dr. Munavalli. "I was pleasantly surprised to a visible tightening of my jawline almost immediately. I have continued to see improvements since my treatment," she adds. "Ultherapy is not replacement for surgery but allows us to offer our patients an excellent state of the art single treatment procedure with very meaningful and measurable results," says Dr. Munavalli. "However, unlike surgery, Ultherapy also addresses the loss of tone - something that is difficult, if not impossible to address with traditional surgical approaches," he concludes.
While DVLSC is well known for its Dermatologic care, Vein Clinic, and Mohs Skin Cancer Center, it is gaining national recognition as being at the leading edge of technology and clinical research for minimally invasive and advanced cosmetic surgical procedures. The center currently houses over 40+ lasers and energy-based devices for physician-performed, FDA-approved treatments ranging from fat reduction with conventional and laser-assisted liposuction, skin tightening, fully ablative and fractional laser skin resurfacing, acne, and laser hair removal.
About Dr. Munavalli: Gilly Munavalli, MD, MHS is a board certified dermatologist and medical director of Dermatology, Laser and Vein Specialists of the Carolina's in Charlotte, NC. He is also Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. To learn more about Dr. Munavalli, DLVSC or the Ultherapy procedure, please visit www.carolinaskin.com and click on Body and Face Contouring or call 800.626.6257 to make an appointment.
- 1 - Benefits of Mommy Makeover Cosmetic Surgery : Disabled World (2010/10/28)
- 2 - Humanitarian Side of Plastic Surgery : Dr. J Plastic Surgery (2014/12/06)
- 3 - Those Traveling Abroad for Plastic Surgery Can Bring Home Serious Complications : Brigham and Women's Hospital (2018/03/31)
- 4 - Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy : www.thebodydoc.com (2011/02/18)
- 5 - Breast Implants After Breast Cancer : Lisa Moore of PlasticSurgeryGuide.com (2011/07/04)
- 6 - Design Your Own Breasts Before Augmentation Surgery : Canfield Imaging Systems (2011/07/21)
- 7 - Anti-Aging Laser Treatment for Wrinkle Reduction : JUVA Skin & Laser Center (2011/01/22)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.