25th ADA Anniversary Events - Wells Fargo
Author: Wells Fargo : Contact: wellsfargo.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Wells Fargo & Company announce celebration of 25th anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act with events across the U.S..
Wells Fargo & Company has announced it is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act through a variety of events across the country, including No Barriers Summit, America's Disability Rights Museum on Wheels, Smithsonian Disability Culture Festival, Disability Connect and 18th Annual USBLN Conference and Expo. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which was signed into law on July 26, 1990 by President George H.W. Bush, prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities (www.ada.gov).
Wells Fargo is sponsoring the 2015 No Barriers Summit in addition to No Barriers Warriors.
The Summit is a four day, annual outdoor event being held in Park City, Utah, July 9-12, 2015. The Summit brings together 1000 worldwide scientists, inventors, academics, practitioners and end users to showcase the latest innovations in adaptive technology and challenge the conception of what is possible. The Summit is about community, innovation, discovery and exploration.
"The 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is an important Civil Rights milestone for our Wells Fargo team members, customers, and suppliers with disabilities, and their friends, families and communities," said Kathy Martinez, People with Disabilities Segment Manager, Wells Fargo & Company. "The No Barriers Summit is the perfect place to commemorate the achievements of the ADA, as well as look to what we can accomplish in the next 25 years."
The Summit events include an array of clinics and interactive exhibits, including the Innovation Village featuring adaptive technology. The events are designed to encourage participants of all abilities to discover the potential that lies within them. This family-friendly event is for people of all ages and abilities.
Additional Wells Fargo ADA Celebrations:
Wells Fargo is committed to financially empowering and employing people with disabilities. The company's team members look forward to actively engaging in celebrations throughout the country in honor of the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act and beyond. Celebrations include:
America's Disability Rights Museum on Wheels - 12 City Stop
Wells Fargo is also one of two Presenting Sponsors of the US Business Leadership Network® (USBLN®) America's Disability Rights Museum on Wheels, the country's first disability rights mobile museum. The Tour is a traveling exhibit rolling across the country to raise awareness and build excitement toward ADA25 - the 25th anniversary of the ADA. The ADA25 Legacy Tour is inspired by the historic 50-state journey taken by the husband-and-wife team of Justin and Yoshiko Dart in 1988 to garner grassroots support for the yet-to-be-passed Americans with Disabilities Act.
Festival ADA: 25 Years of Disabilities Rights - D.C.
As part of the Festival ADA: 25 Years of Disabilities Rights, the Smithsonian will host a Symposium - Latinos and the ADA. The symposium will take place July 24, 2015, at the Museum on Constitution Avenue, NW. Kathy Martinez, People with Disabilities Segment Manager, Wells Fargo, will be one of the main speakers addressing the topic of Latinos and the ADA. Martinez will also be addressing other groups during the weekend's events, and the Museum on Wheels in D.C. on July 26.
Disability Connect - Charlotte, NC
Hosted by Wells Fargo, Disability Connect is a one day Forum, held October 22, 2015, that provides attendees with the perfect platform from which to make powerful connections, share best practices, and formulate strategies aligning with the theme of Communities in Common: LGBT, Veterans & Disability. The first of its kind, Disability Connect aims to be recognized as the premier event for Disability, Veteran and LGBT Employee Resource Groups to come together on issues in today's global and inclusive workplace.
The 2015 USBLN® Annual National Conference & Biz2Biz Expo - Austin, TX
Held September 28-October 1, 2015, The 2015 USBLN® Annual National Conference & Biz2Biz Expo is the preeminent national business to business event that focuses on disability inclusion in the marketplace, workplace, supply chain and professional development. Wells Fargo is a Ruby Sponsor and will be hosting the Workplace Roundtable Discussion, among other activities.
Wells Fargo's support for the disability community aligns with the company's broader commitment to diversity - to serve diverse customers, to hire, develop and retain diverse team members and to encourage team members to value and respect each other for their differences.
- 1 - Executive Actions to Reduce Gun Violence and Make Communities Safer : The White House (2016/01/05)
- 2 - Executive Actions on Gun Violence Violates Civil Rights : National Coalition for Mental Health Recovery (2016/01/10)
- 3 - Call for U.S. Ziplining Safety Standards : Center for Injury Research and Policy (CIRP) (2016/01/14)
- 4 - 10% of Americans in U.S. Want to Move Out : U.S. Census Bureau (2015/03/20)
- 5 - ILCSC 43 Years of Independence - Awards Dinner a Big Success : Marcella Hernandez (2019/11/24)
- 6 - 2nd Round of Changes to Support Healthcare system During COVID-19 Pandemic : Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (2020/04/30)
- 7 - Action to Support Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities during the COVID-19 Pandemic : NJ Department of Human Services (2020/04/30)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.