Saved and Remade Series Seeking Applications from Disabled Community
Author: Red Sky Productions(i) : Contact: redskyproductions.co.uk
Synopsis and Key Points:
Saved and Remade, a new series for BBC Two with presenter Sabrina Grant, is looking for people with disabilities to take part on the show.
Red Sky Productions was set up by Jane Rogerson and Ross Harper to create returning popular factual and factual entertainment shows from its Glasgow base.
Saved and Remade (w/t) brings together the multiple skills of a team of expert craftspeople to help solve viewers' conundrums of what to do with treasured but purposeless items.
BBC Two has commissioned Saved and Remade (20x30', w/t) from Red Sky Productions, presented by Sabrina Grant.
Red Sky Productions was set up by Jane Rogerson and Ross Harper to create returning popular factual and factual entertainment shows from its Glasgow base. It won its first commissions in 2017 and has since built on strong foundations to create popular factual brands for a range of broadcasters, including Island Medics (BBC1), Jimmy's Big Bee Rescue (Channel 4), Puppy School (Channel 4), Spring at Jimmy's Farm (Channel 4), Tiny Lives and Socially Distant with Susan Calman (both BBC Scotland). So far in 2020 the company has had five series commissioned. Red Sky won an RTS Scotland Award for BBC science documentary Climategate and Puppy School was voted the most inspiring programme at the National Reality TV Awards. The company has ambitious plans for growth, through increasing and diversifying its factual output for a range of broadcasters.
Saved and Remade (w/t) brings together the multiple skills of a team of expert craftspeople to help solve viewers' conundrums of what to do with treasured but purposeless items. Host Sabrina Grant, herself no slouch in the upcycling department, will be helping contributors choose which of the experts has the vision and ability to convert objects that have meaning but are gathering dust, into items can take pride of place in their lives. The transformation from precious but purposeless will grant these pieces a new lease of life. The experts will respect the sentimental significance of each of the items brought in but will bring about incredible transformations that will be a fitting match for their owners.
Sabrina Grant says:
"I'm super excited to front this brand new BBC Two series that creatively re-purposes and brings a new lease of life to our guests' treasures. I can't wait to share the magic of our transformations with you."
Executive Producer Jane Rogerson adds:
"We're thrilled to be working with Sabrina, and indeed all of our crafts people on this exciting new format for BBC Two. We cannot wait for everyone to see what the unused but much-loved pianos, cars, books and many other items that we all have in lofts and cupboard will become with the skills and imagination of our team of craftspeople. Prepare to be surprised and delighted!"
The Executive Producer for Red Sky Productions is Jane Rogerson, with Kim Rossiter as Series Producer. The series was commissioned by Helen Munson for the BBC.
The greenlight for Saved and Remade follows other recent commissions including Autumn at Jimmy's Farm (Channel 4), Socially Distant with Susan Calman (BBC Scotland) and Jimmy's Big Bee Rescue (Channel 4)
Saved and Remade Flyer: Have you got an object you love but never use? Can't face throwing it away. Our new BBC series could transform it into something completely different that you'll actually use.
To Apply to Take Part
Get in touch telling us:
- Your name, age, location and contact number.
- Some info about your item; what it is, why it's important to you and why you want to transform it.
- Please also send photos of your item.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over and be a UK resident.
Phone: 0141 343 7782 or Email: email@example.com
(i)Source/Reference: Red Sky Productions. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - A Very British Lockdown - Confused and Chaotic : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/04/26)
- 2 - Still Taking it On The Chin: UK'S Continuing Obsession With Herd Immunity : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/05/29)
- 3 - Saved and Remade Series Seeking Applications from Disabled Community : Red Sky Productions (2020/09/14)
- 4 - Disabled Ramblers Suffolk Mobility Scooter Expedition : Disabled Ramblers (2015/08/02)
- 5 - 656 Down's Syndrome Abortions in 2019 : Don't Screen Us Out (2020/06/12)
- 6 - Coronavirus Outbreak: Thoughts From the UK : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/03/12)
- 7 - Will Britain's New Immigration Policy Impact Upon Disability? : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/03/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.