2022 Winter Paralympics - Beijing, China
Synopsis: Information regarding the 2022 Winter Paralympics that will be held in Beijing, China.
Updated - Revised Date: 2019-04-03
The 2022 Winter Paralympics, officially known as the XIII Paralympic Winter Games, an international winter sports athletic event to be held in Beijing, China, from the 4th to 13th of March 2022.
Beijing has been chosen to host the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, beating the bid of Kazakhstan's Almaty. Having hosted the 2008 Olympics and Paralympics, the Chinese capital will be the first city to host both a summer and winter Games.
China aims to create a new economic belt and environment-friendly zone, incorporating the surrounding Hebei Province, and Tianjin, a port city to the capital's southeast. Xi stressed a "green" Olympics and called for a heightened level of city management, broader appeal of winter sports in China, stricter budget control and strengthened supervision.
Zhang, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, said that Chinese leaders attached great importance to the preparation for the Games.
The Games, which was supported by former NBA star Yao Ming, will be divided between the capital and the city of Zhangjiakou - which is 118 miles north-west of Beijing and will host the snow events.
- Yanqing Paralympic Village
- Yanqing MMC: Media Center
- Xiaohaituo Alpine Skiing Field - alpine skiing
- Genting Hotel - Media Center
- Zhangjiakou Paralympic Village
- Kuyangshu Biathlon Field - biathlon
- Genting Ski Resort - snowboarding
- Beijing Paralympic Village
- Beijing National Aquatics Center - curling
- China National Convention Center - MPC/IBC
- Beijing National Indoor Stadium - sledge hockey
- Beijing National Stadium - opening and closing ceremonies
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
- 1 - Beijing 2022 Paralympic Excellence Program Agreement : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2017/06/14)
- 2 - IPC Provisionally Approves Bobsleigh for Beijing 2022 Paralympics : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2016/09/08)
- 3 - 2022 Paralympic Winter Games Orientation Seminar : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2016/01/25)
2022 Beijing: Full Document List
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.