U.S. Paralympic 2009 Amazing Awards
Author: U.S. Paralympics
Synopsis and Key Points:
The amazing awards are for partners who work tirelessly in communities across the country to help build the Paralympic movement.
Main DigestU.S. Paralympics presented its annual "Amazing Awards" to key contributors in the national Paralympic movement at the 2009 Developing Amazing Leaders Paralympic Conference, April 17-20.
U.S. Paralympics, a Division of the U.S. Olympic Committee, presented its annual "Amazing Awards" to key contributors in the national Paralympic movement at the 2009 Developing Amazing Leaders Paralympic Conference, April 17-20.
"The amazing awards are for our amazing partners who work tirelessly, in communities across the country, to help build the Paralympic movement," said Charlie Huebner, Chief of Paralympics, USOC. "Their commitment and support has helped thousands of athletes achieve success both on and off the field of play."
The winners, along with a description of each award, are listed below.
Amazing Leader Awards - Ann Cody, Blaze Sports America and Dave Poulin, Paralympic Sport Alaska
This award recognizes an individual or organization whose leadership in the Paralympic movement has been transformative and who has mobilized and unified athletes, programs and organizations that improve the lives of people with physical disabilities.
Amazing Sport Club Award - Paralympic Sport Las Vegas (a joint program of Clark County School District, Adaptive Physical Education and the City of Las Vegas Adaptive Recreation)
This award is designed to recognize a Paralympic Sport Club that has made amazing contributions to the Paralympic movement. Amazing through innovation! Amazing through impact! Amazing through daily promotion of the Paralympic ideas!
Amazing Investor Award - The Hartford
The recipient of this award is a person or organization that has been instrumental in the creation of resources in support of the Paralympic movement.
Amazing Impact Award - Visa
This award recognizes a person or organization that tells the Paralympic story in an amazing manner - creating awareness and motivating people to action through words, pictures, promotions or film.
Amazing Mentor Award - Melissa Stockwell
Mentors are trusted counselors and guides; they're here to help others accomplish their dreams. This award recognizes a Paralympic mentor - someone who has served as a role model and shared their own experiences to motivate, inspire and promote excellence in sport and in life.
Amazing Salute Award - Wounded Warrior Disabled Sports Project
This award is for an individual or organization that has made amazing contributions to injured military personnel. The Paralympic movement returns to its roots by recognizing those who are providing amazing services to injured members of our Armed Forces through the promotion of physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
The 2009 Developing Amazing Leaders Paralympic Conference was held at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. and included three days of interactive learning sessions, speakers and networking. To learn more about the annual event, please visit www.usparalympics.org.
- 1 - International Paralympic Committee Information : Disabled World (2009/02/13)
- 2 - Jerry Johnston Awarded IPC Paralympic Order for 2009 : Canadian Paralympic Committee (2009/09/24)
- 3 - Harder Than You Think - Paralympic Games Documentary Film : Craig Spence, IPC Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (2019/08/26)
- 4 - Unique Program Develops Paralympic-Level Winter Athletes : University of New Hampshire (2009/03/11)
- 5 - IPC Alpine Skiing World Championships in Korea : Paralympic.org (2009/02/13)
- 6 - The Symbol for the Paralympics : Disabled World (2012/08/22)
- 7 - How the 2012 Paralympic Games Affected Public Perceptions of Disability : www.unitedresponse.org.uk (2012/10/30)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.