Passport to Good Health App
Synopsis and Key Points:
Passport to Good Health app for the Apple iPhone iPad and iPod touch helps handle the overwhelming amount of information consumers face.
Main DigestMammogram? Colonoscopy? Tetanus Shot? There's an App for that...
When it comes to navigating your health in today's world, do you know where to go? A new iPhone app can help keep you on course.
HealthyWomen, the nation's leading nonprofit health information source for women, announces the launch of the Passport to Good Health app for the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app was developed to help handle the overwhelming amount of information today's consumers face. With modern time constraints, it's a challenge to stay on top of personal health records, reliable information and reminders, but now there's help.
Currently available from the iTunes Store, the Passport to Good Health app provides consumers with easy-to-track preventive health screening schedules; personal health records and screening results; medication and dosage records; and physician contact and appointment information. The secure app is password protected and notification reminders will let patients know when they are due for upcoming appointments, tests, screenings and vaccinations.
"With more and more consumers going online for their health information these days, we saw an opportunity to expand and modernize our educational mission of keeping women informed and empowered in a popular forum and format," explains HealthyWomen executive director Beth Battaglino Cahill, RN.
The app serves two purposes, Battaglino Cahill says. First, it encourages women to take charge of their health and assists those who are acting as caregivers by keeping important health information at the ready and on track.
And second, the app can eliminate costly reminder mailings and conserve staff resources for health care providers and their offices by reducing time spent contacting patients about regular screenings and overdue office visits.
"It's a win-win for consumers and health care providers," says Battaglino Cahill.
A "lite" version of the Passport to Good Health app is available for free to help you track your own health, and a complete version for $1.99 will track the health of your family members and loved ones as well.
In addition to personal records and reminders, the app features links to health resources like the American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Covered the Uninsured and others to provide reliable sources of medical information.
The Passport to Good Health app was made possible through a pro bono initiative with consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton.
A printed booklet published in partnership with the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is also available to download or order at www.healthywomen.org/passport. There may be a small charge for shipping and handling.
For more information or to purchase the app, visit www.healthywomen.org/passport-app.
About HealthyWomen -HealthyWomen (HW) is the nation's leading nonprofit health information source for women. For more than 20 years, women have been coming to the HW for answers to their most pressing and personal health care questions. HW provides health information through a wide array of online content and print publications that are original, objective and reviewed and approved by medical experts. Its website, www.HealthyWomen.org®, was recognized by Forbes-Woman as one of the "Top 100 Websites for Women" and was named the top women's health website by Dr. Mehmet Oz in O, The Oprah Magazine and by Good Housekeeping magazine. To learn more, visit www.HealthyWomen.org
- 1 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 2 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 3 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 4 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 5 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 6 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
- 7 - AccessAble App Takes the Chance Out of Going Out in the UK : AccessAble (2019/02/15)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.