Handelabra Studio Integrates VoiceOver Support in Popular Apps
Author: Handelabra Studio LLC
Published: 2011-01-22 : (Rev. 2011-02-25)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Newly released versions of popular apps RE.minder GAME.minder and Better Clock contain full support for VoiceOver.
Main DigestIn a renewed commitment to accessibility, Handelabra Studio LLC is announcing that the newly released versions of their popular apps RE.minder, GAME.minder and Better Clock contain full support for VoiceOver, an accessibility technology from Apple Inc.
"We've decided in 2011 to not simply support but fully embrace accessibility on the iOS platform," said Jeremy Handel, Owner and President of Handelabra Studio. "With just a little bit of extra effort, we can bring great software experiences to everyone. VoiceOver is a great way to do that."
RE.minder 1.1 is a simple utility for setting visual and audible reminders on your iPhone or iPod Touch. "Audible notifications sounding from your mobile device are, by their very nature, accessibility tools," said Handel. "Using VoiceOver to make the entire process more accessible to vision impaired users, we think, will make RE.minder an indispensable tool for many."
GAME.minder 1.2 is an entertainment-focused app which gives users the ability to follow video game release dates and be reminded when they come out. Like RE.minder, GAME.minder benefits from VoiceOver technology by making the process of setting a reminder easy and accessible to anyone.
Better Clock 1.2 is a universal alarm clock replacement aimed primarily at iPad. With its large display and simple interface, the addition of full VoiceOver support makes it a fantastic and well-rounded, accessible Alarm Clock app.
RE.minder 1.1 and GAME.minder 1.2 are available as free downloads for iPhone and iOS 4.x devices from the iTunes App Store. Better Clock 1.2 is available for 99 cents on any iOS 4.x device, including full Universal support for iPad. Learn more at itunes.apple.com/us/artist/handelabra-studio-llc/id371135968 or handelabra.com/products.
About Handelabra Studio LLC - Founded in 2009, Handelabra Studio is based in Cleveland, Ohio and Halifax, Nova Scotia. The company focuses on creating mobile software experiences that are Useful, Fun and Easy to use. Learn more at www.handelabra.com
- 1 - Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
- 2 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 3 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 4 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 5 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 6 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 7 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.