WebMD Medscape for iPad and Android Devices
Author: WebMD Health Corp
Published: 2011-01-18 : (Rev. 2011-02-25)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Industry-leading free clinical reference app helps physicians and healthcare professionals at the point of care.
Main DigestIndustry-leading free clinical reference app helps physicians and healthcare professionals at the point of care.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD), the leading source of health information, has launched its Medscape from WebMD mobile app for Apple iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. Medscape Mobile is the premier free medical reference, news and education app for healthcare professionals. Since its release on the iPhone® and BlackBerry, nearly 700,000 healthcare professionals have become registered users of Medscape's Mobile application. Medscape was also recently named the most downloaded free Medical app of the year for iPhone by Apple on its iTunes Rewind 2010 featured list of Apps.
"Medscape's mobile apps provide the highest quality content for healthcare professionals whether on the go, or at the point of care," said Dr. Steven Zatz, Executive Vice President, WebMD Professional Services. "By extending the Medscape experience to iPad and Android devices, physicians can access the information they need on the mobile platform of their choice, or from their desktop."
The Medscape apps for iPad and Android feature:
Fast drug reference database for researching prescribing and safety information on over 8,000 brand-name, generic and over-the counter (OTC) drugs, including herbals and supplements.
Powerful drug interaction checker that quickly identifies interactions for a combination of up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements with detailed information from minor to contraindicated interactions.
In-depth clinical reference and treatment guide with information on nearly 3,400 diseases and conditions, enhanced with 1000's of images.
Step by step instructions for more than 600 clinical procedures, many with video.
Continually updated drug and clinical reference content via one-click, over-the-air updates, as well as off-line access to reference content, treatment guide and drug interaction checker for times when there is no Internet access.
Daily professional medical news articles from Medscape Medical News across more than 30 specialties.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) covering hundreds of topics across more than 30 specialty areas.
Professional directories with search and email capabilities for more than 460,000 physicians, 6,000 hospitals and 57,000 pharmacies are available on the Android and iPhone applications.
The Medscape app for iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad can be downloaded from the Apple App Store. Users of Android devices can download the app from the Android Market, and BlackBerry users can download the app from BlackBerry App World or by directly entering medscape.com/blackberry in their BlackBerry browser. Additional details are available at www.medscapemobile.com.
About Medscape -Medscape is the flagship site in WebMD's Professional Network, which receives over two million U.S. physician visits per month. Medscape.com and Medscape Mobile are registration-based services that provide physicians and other healthcare professionals with comprehensive resources across more than 30 different medical specialty areas.
About WebMD -WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals and health-focused publications. More than 80 million unique visitors access the WebMD Health Network each month.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicine, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org and drugs.com
- 1 - Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
- 2 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 3 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 4 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 5 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 6 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 7 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.