Gaiam Launching 10 Health and Wellness Mobile Apps
Author: Gaiam, Inc.
Published: 2011-08-09 : (Rev. 2016-04-07)
Synopsis and Key Points:
iPad iPhone and iPod Touch Apps for Arthritis Diabetes Fibromyalgia High Blood Pressure Heart Health Insomnia Back Pain Menopause Weight Loss and IBS.
Gaiam's "Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions" Apps Available Through iPad and iPhone.
Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media and fitness accessories, today announced their effort to bring several groundbreaking, integrated health action plans for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, specifically for Arthritis, Type 2 Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Heart Health, Insomnia, Back Pain, Menopause, Weight Loss and I.B.S.
"We worked with an interdisciplinary team of experts at Mayo Clinic to develop content that offers a holistic approach to dealing with everyday ailments, and are thrilled to make this available in a new, technologically-advanced format," says Bill Sondheim, President, Gaiam. "Our goal in working with Mayo Clinic was to create a program that takes a combined approach to providing medical and overall health and wellness practices that can be incorporated into a person's everyday life, for longer, more sustaining results."
Each application is hosted by Dr. Brent Bauer, Director, Complementary and Integrative Medicine at Mayo Clinic, and begins with an introduction by a Mayo Clinic specialist sharing important information on the specific condition followed by an array of conventional and alternative therapy options. A Gaiam health and wellness expert then leads users through a series of meditative, restorative and stress-relieving activities tailored to each condition. Each application includes an interactive tool that introduces stress management strategies.
Many of the applications include Dr. Donald Hensrud, Chair, Preventive Medicine at Mayo Clinic, from leading a grocery shopping trip to sharing smart ways to eat healthy every day. Mayo Clinic dietitians provide tips for making meal planning simple. Each application also includes Gaiam's Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman, America's most recognized yoga instructors, leading a simple session of gentle, invigorating yoga and stress-relieving meditation that is tailored to each condition.
The applications include:
- Note taking
- On-the-go video playback
- No WIFI required after initial install for watching anywhere
- Chapter driven and Interactive search to find sections quickly
Gaiam, Inc. (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories. With a wide distribution network that consists of 64,000 retail doors, 14,600 store within stores, 5,600 media category management locations, a digital distribution platform and more than 10 million direct customers, Gaiam is dedicated to providing solutions for healthy and eco-conscious living. The company dominates the health and wellness category and releases non-theatrical programming focused on family entertainment and conscious media. In addition, Gaiam has an exclusive licensing agreement with Discovery Communications and other licensing partners. For more information about Gaiam, please visit www.gaiam.com or call 1.800.869.3603.
- 1 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 2 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 3 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 4 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 5 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 6 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 7 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.