Velcro Button Conversion Kit Makes Dressing Simpler for Seniors and Arthritis Sufferers
Published 2010-09-22 09:23:13 - (10 years ago). Last updated 2013-06-03 18:32:00 - (7 years ago).
Author: Velcro USA Inc.
Outline: Independent Living Just Got Easier: New Button Conversion Kit Makes Dressing Simpler for Seniors and Arthritis Sufferers.
Main DigestIndependent Living Just Got Easier: New Button Conversion Kit from Velcro USA Inc. Makes Dressing Simpler for Seniors and Arthritis Sufferers.
Velcro - A company that produces the first commercially marketed fabric hook-and-loop fastener, invented in 1948 by the Swiss electrical engineer George de Mestral. De Mestral patented Velcro in 1955, subsequently refining and developing its practical manufacture until its commercial introduction in the late 1950s.
For the more than 40 million Americans with arthritis or the growing population of seniors living with physical challenges that limit daily activity, simple tasks like buttoning a shirt can be a struggle.
The problem-solvers at Velcro USA Inc. have come up with an easy and innovative solution to assist with independent living: the VELCRO® brand Button Conversion Kit.
The new system replaces the existing buttons on a garment with alternate buttons that are backed with an iron-on hook and loop closure, providing ease and convenience while maintaining the original look of the garment.
There are no visible signs that the fasteners are anything but standard buttons.
The easy-to-fasten closures provide greater independence and enable individuals to simply convert and wear their own clothes, shop at their favorite stores and maintain their own sense of style - no need to limit clothing choices to pullover tops.
All that's required to complete the simple no-sew conversion of any garment is an iron.
- The original shirt buttons are removed and replaced with long-lasting VELCRO® brand fasteners.
- The new buttons on the fasteners are inserted through the button holes on the shirt.
- A hot iron is used to fuse fastener to fabric for a permanent, washable bond.
Each Kit contains nine sets of closures, or enough for the front of a shirt and each of the cuffs. The button closures are available in black, pearl and tortoiseshell and come in both standard men's and women's shirt and blouse button sizes, providing easy closures with a truly buttoned-up look.
The suggested retail price for the button conversion kit is $5.99. For more information call 1-800-235-6640 or visit the Independent Living page of the Consumer Section of www.velcro.com
In addition to its Independent Living line, Velcro USA Inc. offers a complete line of hook and loop fastening options for a variety of consumer applications. From sewing to hardware, there's a VELCRO® brand fastener to help get the job done faster and easier. There's also a comprehensive line of Specialty Straps for every conceivable purpose - for transporting, organizing and storing.
- 1 - Things Needed to Make Everyday Life Easier | Disabled World (2019-03-27 20:12:00)
- 2 - Traveling Barbers In-Home Hair Care Services for The Disabled | The Traveling Barbers - Hair Professionals for The Disabled (2019-09-06 13:40:00)
- 3 - Online Suppliers of Disability Products and Assistive Devices | Disabled World Live (2010-02-01 18:00:30)
- 4 - SturdyStraw: Hands Free Bendable Drinking Aids for People with Limited Movement | SturdyStraw Ltd (2018-08-16 14:09:40)
- 5 - Obi Robotic Dining Device - Breakthrough for People with Physical Challenges | meetobi.com (2016-07-12 13:53:39)