Warrior Champions Film to be Shown at Suffolk Y JCC
Author: Suffolk Y JCC
Synopsis and Key Points:
WARRIOR CHAMPIONS an inspiring story of severely wounded American soldiers who after losing limbs and suffering paralysis in Iraq fight to compete in the Beijing Paralympic Games.
Main DigestThe film WARRIOR CHAMPIONS, will be shown at the Suffolk Y JCC, 74 Hauppauge Road, Commack, N.Y., on Sunday, November 7, 2010, at 1:00p.m.
Immediately following the film there will be a question & answer session with Scott Winkler, one of the athletes in the film and the Renaud Brothers, the films' directors.
WARRIOR CHAMPIONS tells the inspiring story of four severely wounded American soldiers who, after losing limbs and suffering paralysis in Iraq, fight to compete in the 2008 Paralympic Games in Beijing.
The film follows these soldier athletes for a full year as they mentor recently wounded soldiers, giving these patients the hope many thought they had lost forever.
Though at times heart wrenching, WARRIOR CHAMPIONS, is not a sad tale of t6he tragedy of war, but rather an uplifting testament to the human spirit that challenges every notion of what it means to be disabled.
Admission is $2.00/person for Suffolk Y members, $4.00 for non-members. For more information, please call (631) 462-9800, ext. 126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Suffolk Y JCC is a beneficiary of UJA-Federation and affiliated with JCC Association. Additional funding is provided by United Way of Long Island and The Townwide Fund of Huntington.
- 1 - The Flying Stars: Amputee Soccer Team Film : The Flying Stars (2016/08/25)
- 2 - BFI Funds Accessible Workshops for Deafblind Filmmakers : Sense (2016/08/28)
- 3 - Take a Look at This Heart | Love and Sexuality in the Disabled Community : Sarah Hess (2018/12/23)
- 4 - Autism ABCs and Fix it in Five: Free from The Brain Broad for April and Beyond : Dr. Lynette Louise (The Brain Broad) (2020/04/09)
- 5 - Dylan Rothbein Announces Crowdfunding Campaign for Society's Child : Angela Mitchell (2017/12/18)
- 6 - First Blind Dates : Did Sparks Fly or Does Cupid Need to Work on His Archery Skills? : Guide Dogs Association for the Blind (2017/09/07)
- 7 - Videocamp Launches $400,000 Fund and Challenges Filmmakers to Create a Film About Inclusive Education : Sarah Jane Rumford (2018/03/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.