TELUS to Sell Apple iPhone in Canada
- Publish Date: 2009/10/06 - (Rev. 2011/03/18)
- Author: Disabled World
Outline: Bell Canada and Telus Corp will begin selling the Apple iPhone in Canada.
Main DigestIt has been reported TELUS and Apple, two of Canada's three largest wireless carriers, have reached an agreement to bring iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS to Canada this November.
It has been reported TELUS and Apple, two of Canada's three largest wireless carriers, have reached an agreement to bring iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS to Canada this November.
It is said Bell Canada and Telus Corp will begin selling Apple Inc's iPhone in Canada next month and will start selling the iPhone ahead of its original deadline to deliver in time for the 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympic games, and in time for the launch of their new HSPA network next month.
"With the busy holiday season ahead - when more wireless phones are sold than at any other time of the year - and the coming arrival of new wireless brands and networks, Bell will be ready to compete," the company said in a release.
Rival wireless carrier Rogers Communications Inc. has had the exclusive right to sell iPhone in Canada for more than a year.
Additional information about pricing and availability will be shared in the coming weeks.
Customers can sign up for more information and updates at telusmobility.com/iphone.
Orange UK has also announced that it will be offering both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS to its customers "later this year."
TELUS is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $9.7 billion of annual revenue and 11.8 million customer connections including 6.3 million wireless subscribers, 4.1 million wire-line network access lines and 1.2 million Internet subscribers and more than 100,000 TELUS TV customers.
Also see iPhone Apps for Disability and Vision Impairments
- 1 - Accessibility Features in Android 2.0 Platform | Thomas C. Weiss | 2010/01/17
- 2 - Fring Free Cell Phone Calls and Live Chat | Disabled World | 2009/02/02
- 3 - Chat Rooms on Cell Phones | Disabled World | 2009/02/02
- 4 - Video Chat Increases Self-Confidence, Mood, and Overcoming Shyness | Chatki | 2017/10/25
- 5 - How to Setup VOIP Phones at Home | Jon Arnold | 2009/02/05
- 6 - PC to Phone VoIP Calls using Dial-Up Internet | Nathan Smith | 2009/02/05
- 7 - Big Button CL8400 Mobile Phone with Extra Loud Ring | Geemarc Telecom | 2011/08/25
- 8 - Google Voice Application for Managing Voice Communications | Disabled World | 2010/01/17
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media