- Alice Cooper
- Ambrose Bierce- (1842 - 1914) - journalist and author
- Amy VanDyken - (1973) - Olympic swimmer
- Antonio Vivaldi - (1678 - 1741) - composer, conductor
- Arnold Schoenburg - (1874 - 1951) - composer
- Art Monk - (1958) - football player
- Baruj Benacerraf - (1920) - Nobel Prize Winner in medicine
- Benjamin Disraeli - (1804 - 1881) - British statesman, author
- Bill Koch - (1956) - Olympic medallist - cross-country skiing
- Bob Hope
- Bruce Davidson - (1949) - Olympic equestrian
- Calvin Coolidge
- Charles Dickens
- Che Guevara - (1928 - 1967) - South American revolutionary leader
- Daniel Webster - (1782 - 1852) - lawyer, statesman
- Debbie Meyer - (1952) - Olympic medallist - swimming
- Dennis Rodman - (1961) - basketball player
- Dominique Wilkins - (1960) - basketball player
- Dylan Thomas - (1914 - 1953) - poet, playwright
- E.J. Corey - (1928) - Nobel Prize Winner in chemistry
- Edith Wharton - (1862 - 1937) - author
- Elizabeth Bishop - (1911 - 1979) - poet and author
- Elizabeth Taylor
- George Murray - (1947) - wheelchair athlete and Boston Marathon winner
- Greg Louganis - (1960) - Olympic medallist - diving
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee - (1962) - Olympic medallist - track and field
- Jason Alexander - (1959) - actor, director
- Jim "Catfish" Hunter - (1946 - 1999) - baseball player - (Hall of Famer)
- Jim Ryun- (1948) - Olympic medallist - running, former record holder in the mile and 1,500 meters
- John F. Kennedy
- John Locke - (1632 - 1704) - politician, philosopher
- John Updike - (1932) - writer
- Joseph Pulitzer- (1847 - 1911) - publisher, philanthropist
- Josh Widdecombe - (Joshua Michael "Josh" Widdicombe)..
- Judy Collins
- Kurt Grote - (1973) - Olympic medallist - swimming
- Leonard Bernstein - (1918-1990) - conductor, composer
- Liza Minelli
- Loni Anderson - (1946) - actress
- Louis "Studs" Terkel
- Ludwig von Beethoven
- Marcel Proust - (1871 - 1922) - French novelist
- Martin Scorsese - (1942) - film director
- Martin Van Buren - (1782 - 1862) - 8th President of the U.S.
- Morgan Fairchild
- Nancy Hogshead - (1962) - Olympic medallist - swimming
- Paul Sorvino - (1939) - actor
- Peter the Great - (1672 - 1725) - Russian Czar
- Robert Joffrey - (1928 - 1988) - dancer, choreographer
- Samuel Johnson - (1709-1784) - 18th century poet, critic and essayist
- Shannon Briggs
- Steve Allen - (1921-2000) - comedian, actor
- Theodore Roosevelt 26th President of the U.S.
- Tom Dolan - (1976) -Olympic medallist - swimming
- Walter Mondale - (b. 1928) - 42nd Vice President of the U.S.
- William Tecumseh Sherman - (1820 - 1891) - Civil War general
- Woodrow Wilson - 28th President of the U.S.
Famous People Who Have and Had Asthma
Author: Disabled World
Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 - (Updated: 2018-10-12)
List of well known and famous persons both living and deceased who have and had Asthma in their lives.
In some individuals asthma is characterized by chronic respiratory impairment. In other people asthma is an intermittent illness marked by episodic symptoms that may result from a number of triggering events, including upper respiratory infection, stress, airborne allergens, air pollutants (such as smoke or traffic fumes), or exercise.
Asthma is caused by a complex interaction of genetic and environmental factors that researchers do not fully understand yet. These factors can also influence how severe a person's asthma is and how well they respond to medication.
In children, the most common triggers are viral illnesses such as those that cause the common cold. This airway narrowing causes symptoms such as wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and coughing.
It is recognized with increasing frequency, that patients who have both obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and bronchial asthma, often improve tremendously when the sleep apnea is diagnosed and treated.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - Marneen Fields: A Life of High Falls, Deep Dives and Legendary Stunt Awards : John Harrison (Submitted by Marneen Fields) (2018/12/05)
- 2 - Famous People Who Have or Had Asperger's Syndrome : Michelle Fattig (2017/11/10)
- 3 - List of Famous Amputees : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4 - Famous People That Use or Used Wheelchairs in the Past : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 5 - Famous People Who Have or Had Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS) : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 6 - Famous People Who Had and Have Polio : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)