Disability Mentoring Day at Bill Cramer Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC
Author: Disability Mentoring Day at Bill Cramer Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC
Synopsis and Key Points:
Bill Cramer Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC participated in National Disability Mentoring Day and had three students shadow employees at the dealership.
Main DigestBill Cramer Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC participated in National Disability Mentoring Day, and had three students shadow employees at the dealership.
On October 20th, 2010 Bill Cramer Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC participated in National Disability Mentoring Day, and had three students shadow employees at the dealership. Two of the students followed technicians in the service department, and one student worked in the Customer Care Center learning day to day office tasks. Student, Seymone Ramey who shadowed in the office, said, "I love it, and I love the people here too, and I want to get a job here."
The goal for National Disability Mentoring day was to help students get hands-on experience that could lead to a permanent job. "The whole hope (of Disability Mentoring Day) is that it will lead to jobs," Event Coordinator, Pam Cramer said. Bill Cramer employees said there could possibly be a future job opening for one of the students who participated in the event. When asked why she wanted to work, Ramey said, "I want to get out there and get a job so people in wheelchairs can look up to me and say 'hey she got a job' and she's able to do it if she wants to do it."
Disability Mentoring Day began in 1999 as part of a White House effort to increase the profile of National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
Bill Cramer Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC, Inc. has been locally owned and family operated since 1965 and is the only authorized GM sales, service, parts and collision center within 60-miles of Panama City, Florida. Participating in this event is just one way the dealership supports its community. Other community involvement includes being a United Way PaceSetter company, hosting annual Red Cross Blood Drives and being a primary sponsor of the Empty Stocking Fund.
- 1 - COVID-19 Awareness Ribbons : Coronavirus Ribbon Designs : Disabled World (2020/04/08)
- 2 - Awareness Dates: Days : Weeks : Months : Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 3 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes : Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 4 - Sunflower Lanyard Program for Hidden Disability Awareness : Disabled World (2019/11/09)
- 5 - Politically Correct Language of Disability : Disabled World (2009/01/28)
- 6 - World Autism Awareness Day with The Brain Broad : Tsara Shelton (2020/04/02)
- 7 - List of U.S. Presidential Proclamation Dates : Disabled World (2018/12/20)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.