After Christmas Boxing Day Sales & Specials
Author: Disabled World
Contact : Disabled World
Published: 2010-12-26 - (Updated: 2016-09-24)
Shoppers can save on a large range of items they need throughout the year by shopping the after Christmas or Boxing Day sales.
Today, shoppers are hitting the department stores, grocery stores, and drug stores to take advantage of the after-Christmas specials.
According to data compiled by Dealio.com, a shopping guide website, consumer electronics like television sets, laptops and GPS systems can be had for bargain prices near year's end.
In recent years the hyper-competitive nature of holiday retailing has led more and more chains to extend sales into the post-Christmas period. With many department stores running 50% off sales through Dec. 25 will add a 10% kicker the following week. After Christmas sales for 2015 can be found at Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, Target, Kmart and elsewhere.
CompUSA and Staples are planning to reduce prices on many computer related items such as monitors once the main shopping surge is over.
Best Buy is planning to put on sale some of the GPS units that they carry as well.
However, don't just grab the your flyer or ad. and run down to your local retailer without arming yourself with useful knowledge and tools to get the most from your dollar.
Thrift stores receive a lot of year-end donations from folks who are looking to grab a last-minute tax deduction, and that means there's lots of new loot for thrift store shoppers to sift through.
Drug stores are a great source for after Christmas deals because they tend to receive less foot traffic than big-box stores (meaning there's more to choose from), and they generally mark down their merchandise faster.
Shopping ahead for next Christmas makes sense, but so does shopping ahead for other occasions. Use the after-Christmas sales to stock up on birthday presents, anniversary gifts, Mother's Day/Father's Day presents and end-of-the-year teacher's gifts.
- 1 - I Got More Help at The Cinema Than the Optician! : Daniel Williams (2020/02/28)
- 2 - When You Are Scared or No Longer Care - Mental Illness and Violence : Thomas C. Weiss (2015/11/15)
- 3 - People First Language: An Oppositional Viewpoint : Guest Post (2015/01/13)
- 4 - What-Up Birds? A Heartwarming SOFTIN Memory : Capt. David Bacon, Executive Director, SOFTIN (2010/02/01)
- 5 - How to Develop Self Discipline : Rosemarie Rossetti, Ph.D. (2008/02/01)
- 6 - Jessica Cox: Pilot with No Arms and Inspirational Speaker : Disabled World (2009/04/21)
- 7 - Building Your Net Worth Through Friendships : Rosemarie Rossetti, Ph.D. (2009/06/02)