ParaQuad NSW, Australia
Published: 2010-11-28 - Updated: 2013-03-24
Author: Disabled World
Synopsis: ParaQuad NSW is a not for profit member-based association striving to support people with spinal cord injury to achieve choices in life.
ParaQuad NSW is a not-for-profit member-based association striving to support people with spinal cord injury to achieve their choices in life.
ParaQuad is a registered charity with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status.
Formed in 1961, ParaQuad has provided vital care, support and clinical services to people with spinal cord injuries, their families and carers for almost 50 years.
ParaQuad provides a support system that aims to meet the needs of people with a spinal cord injury and their families at every stage of life. The cost for this personal care is between $190,000 - $300,000 per year.
The services are designed to help our clients with spinal cord injury to have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the community.
ParaQuad's services include:
- Home-based personal support care
- Information, advocacy and assistance
- Continence and related healthcare supplies
- Training and community awareness programs
- Clinical practitioners specializing in spinal cord injury
- Supported accommodation for people with transitional and long term care needs
Facts on Spinal Cord Injuries in Australia:
- Between 300-400 new injuries are reported each year
- It is estimated that around 10,000 people in Australia live with a spinal cord injury
- After a spinal cord injury, it may take a year or more before the person can leave hospital and return to the community
Who We Are:
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, and their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2010, November 28). ParaQuad NSW, Australia. Disabled World. Retrieved January 25, 2022 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/charity/paraquad.php