ParaQuad NSW, Australia
Author: Disabled World
Published: 2010-11-28 : (Rev. 2013-03-24)
ParaQuad NSW is a not for profit member-based association striving to support people with spinal cord injury to achieve choices in life.
Main DigestParaQuad NSW is a not-for-profit member-based association striving to support people with spinal cord injury to achieve their choices in life.
ParaQuad is a registered charity with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status.
Formed in 1961, ParaQuad has provided vital care, support and clinical services to people with spinal cord injuries, their families and carers for almost 50 years.
ParaQuad provides a support system that aims to meet the needs of people with a spinal cord injury and their families at every stage of life. The cost for this personal care is between $190,000 - $300,000 per year.
The services are designed to help our clients with spinal cord injury to have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the community.
ParaQuad's services include:
- Home-based personal support care
- Information, advocacy and assistance
- Continence and related healthcare supplies
- Training and community awareness programs
- Clinical practitioners specializing in spinal cord injury
- Supported accommodation for people with transitional and long term care needs
Facts on Spinal Cord Injuries in Australia:
- Between 300-400 new injuries are reported each year
- It is estimated that around 10,000 people in Australia live with a spinal cord injury
- After a spinal cord injury, it may take a year or more before the person can leave hospital and return to the community
- 1 - From the Street to the Streets : Fighting for Rights of Disabled : Advocates for Individuals with Disabilities (2016/10/30)
- 2 - Veteran Organizations Dominate Most Inquired About Charities : New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs (2012/08/02)
- 3 - 9 Year Old Girl Inspired by Brothers Illness Hosts Lemonade Stand : Tampa General Hospital (2017/08/03)
- 4 - Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities : Gallop Law Firm (2012/01/04)
- 5 - Donors Contributed 1,147 Home Health Items to St. Louis HELP Equipment Drive : St. Louis HELP (2015/10/26)
- 6 - St. Louis HELP Medical Equipment Donation Drive Generates Record-Breaking Results : St. Louis HELP (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Auction of Robin Williams' Bicycle Collection to Benefit CAF and Reeve Foundation : Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation (2016/10/20)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.