ParaQuad NSW, Australia
- Publish Date: 2010/11/28 - (Rev. 2013/03/24)
- Author: Disabled World
Outline: ParaQuad NSW is a not for profit member-based association striving to support people with spinal cord injury to achieve choices in life.
Main DigestParaQuad NSW is a not-for-profit member-based association striving to support people with spinal cord injury to achieve their choices in life.
ParaQuad is a registered charity with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status.
Formed in 1961, ParaQuad has provided vital care, support and clinical services to people with spinal cord injuries, their families and carers for almost 50 years.
ParaQuad provides a support system that aims to meet the needs of people with a spinal cord injury and their families at every stage of life. The cost for this personal care is between $190,000 - $300,000 per year.
The services are designed to help our clients with spinal cord injury to have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the community.
ParaQuad's services include:
- Home-based personal support care
- Information, advocacy and assistance
- Continence and related healthcare supplies
- Training and community awareness programs
- Clinical practitioners specializing in spinal cord injury
- Supported accommodation for people with transitional and long term care needs
Facts on Spinal Cord Injuries in Australia:
- Between 300-400 new injuries are reported each year
- It is estimated that around 10,000 people in Australia live with a spinal cord injury
- After a spinal cord injury, it may take a year or more before the person can leave hospital and return to the community
- 1 - Donors Contributed 1,147 Home Health Items to St. Louis HELP Equipment Drive | St. Louis HELP | 2015/10/26
- 2 - St. Louis HELP Medical Equipment Donation Drive Generates Record-Breaking Results | St. Louis HELP | 2018/05/16
- 3 - 9Yr Old Girl Inspired by Brother's Illness Hosts Lemonade Stand This Saturday | Tampa General Hospital | 2017/08/03
- 4 - From the Street to the Streets - Fighting for Rights of Disabled | Advocates for Individuals with Disabilities | 2016/10/30
- 5 - Auction of Robin Williams' Bicycle Collection to Benefit CAF and Reeve Foundation | Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation | 2016/10/20
- 6 - 2016 Sturgis Buffalo Chip Legends Ride | Sturgis Buffalo Chip | 2016/07/07
- 7 - Petco Foundation Awards Funding to Provide Service Dogs to Disabled Veterans | Petco Foundation | 2015/11/10
- 8 - Mercy Ships - A Global Charity Organization | Disabled World | 2010/02/05
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media