Disability Discrimination and the Workplace - Second Edition
Author: BNA Books
Published: 2011-12-28 : (Rev. 2013-03-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Second Edition of Disability Discrimination and the Workplace covers both pre-ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) and post-ADAAA interpretations of the law.
Main DigestBNA Books Releases the Second Edition of Disability Discrimination and the Workplace With Updated Analysis of Disability Discrimination Law.
Disability discrimination occurs when an employer or other entity covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, or the Rehabilitation Act, as amended, treats a qualified individual with a disability who is an employee or applicant unfavorably because she has a disability.
BNA Books, a division of specialized news and information publisher BNA, today announces the publication of the Second Edition of Disability Discrimination and the Workplace.
This treatise paints a comprehensive picture of the disability discrimination landscape and covers both pre-ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) and post-ADAAA interpretations of the law.
Now that the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has issued its final regulations on the ADAAA and continues to issue other updated guidance, disability law is entering a new dimension of enforcement. The expanded coverage provisions are having a profound effect, not only on how disability cases are litigated and how courts decide them, but also on how employers and employees interact long before the filing of a lawsuit. With a much wider range of conditions now covered, the focus in the workplace is on avoiding discrimination on the basis of disabilities, accommodating employees with disabilities, and guarding privacy.
Disability Discrimination and the Workplace, Second Edition addresses the many questions that arise from the final regulations and also discusses:
- The parameters of the Rehabilitation Act, with its development of key definitions, such as those that identify individuals with "handicaps" and the scope of the critical obligation to reasonably accommodate protected individuals
- The proliferation of state disability discrimination protections, some of which preceded the ADA and others of which were structured to coordinate with the ADA, and how these state measures are interpreted
- The intersection of disability discrimination law and other federal statues, including:
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
The treatise also has an eye to the future and focuses on issues that likely will define disability discrimination litigation in years to come.
Disability Discrimination and the Workplace, Second Edition was authored by Peter A. Susser and Peter J. Petesch, both shareholders in the Washington, DC, office of Littler Mendelson, P.C., the nation's largest employment and labor law firm. Both men have over 25 years' experience in employment and labor law.
BNA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P., is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. In addition to Disability Discrimination and the Workplace, Second Edition, BNA's Book Division publishes: The Family and Medical Leave Act; The Pregnancy Discrimination Act; Employment Discrimination Law; Privacy in Employment Law; Mental and Emotional Injuries in Employment Litigation; and other titles in employment and labor law. For a free BNA Books catalog, call 1.800.960.1220, send an e-mail request to email@example.com, or visit us online at www.bna.com/bnabooks.
Disability Discrimination and the Workplace, Second Edition (1,572 pp. Hardcover/Order #1794/$465.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling) may be purchased from:
BNA Books, PO Box 7814, Edison, NJ 08818-7814
Telephone orders: 1.800.960.1220
Fax orders: 1.732.346.1624
A 10% discount is available on print copies of books when ordering from the website at www.bna.com/bnabooks. Please note that discounts cannot be combined.
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.