Team Daniel Foundation Debuts Revamped EMPOWERED Magazine
Author: Team Daniel Foundation
Synopsis and Key Points:
EMPOWERED magazine presents clearly defined and understandable explanations of confusing issues that individuals with developmental disabilities and their families face every day.
Main DigestTeam Daniel Foundation, an organization dedicated to supporting North Carolinians with developmental disabilities, has rejuvenated its quarterly magazine, EMPOWERED.The only publication in the state written specifically for the developmental disabilities community, EMPOWERED tailors its content to inform, educate and be a resource for families and individuals with developmental disabilities.
The new EMPOWERED magazine is designed with a more functional and appealing layout, including new sections and powerful photos. The magazine presents clearly defined and understandable explanations of confusing issues that individuals with developmental disabilities and their families face every day.Each issue is filled with warm-hearted stories and highlights a unique human-interest story about developmental disabilities.
Some of the most noteworthy new sections are:
A useful Community Happenings schedule showing upcoming events across North Carolina that families might enjoy together;
A Glossary of Terms section defining some of the most confusing acronyms the state uses in its documents; and
A Useful Links page listing websites related to developmental disability issues that readers report finding relevant.
"We are very excited to launch the new magazine," said Denise Mercado, founder and president of Team Daniel Foundation. "We have put a lot of time and labor into our magazine with the goal of making it the premier information resource for anyone who works with or even knows someone with a developmental disability. With these improvements, no other publication even comes close."
Team Daniel Foundation was founded by Mercado and her husband, John, who spent more than 24 years caring for their own son, Danny, who himself had developmental disabilities. The Mercados are two of the leading advocates in the state for issues affecting the developmental disabilities community. Together, they have dedicated their lives to providing the highest quality of life possible for individuals living with developmental disabilities and those who care for them.
Look for the next edition of EMPOWERED in early December. For more information on Team Daniel Foundation or EMPOWERED-magazine, visit www.teamdanielfoundation.org or call (800) 991-6421.
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.