OMG! My Parents are Getting OLD - Navigating the Challenges of Aging
Author: Faye Levow
Levow shares true stories of caregivers and family gone awry from more than seventy family caregivers who have been there and done it.
Main DigestWith over 44 million family caregivers in this country caring for an aging family member, it's evident that many of us will have to play this role in our lifetime. After two intense years managing her mother's care, Faye Levow felt compelled to write OMG! My Parents Are Getting OLD! This timely resource, packed with expert information, will help others navigate this process with ease.
With over 72 million "baby boomers" currently in America, this means many families are, or will be, facing the administration of a parent's care.
When the dust settled after two horrifically intense years of managing her mother's care, caregivers, and finances, Faye Levow was determined to create a comprehensive resource so that no one would ever again be lost in the whirlwind of dealing with unprepared, aging parents. Her upcoming book, OMG! My Parents Are Getting OLD! (Launch Pad Publishing Inc.) is the successful result of that determination.
OMG! My Parents Are Getting OLD! is THE definitive resource for families forced to deal with the mountain of information and red tape that faces them.
With over 44 million family caregivers caring for aging family members in our society today, it's a given that there is a tremendous need for such a resource. The practical yet priceless information in this book will make the transition easier and less complicated for both seniors and younger family members.
An in-demand speaker, Levow emphasizes the importance of being prepared for the time when one's faculties are no longer as sharp and one's body requires more care and assistance. "The worst of everything that happens is because people are not prepared. They have been in denial and that hurts everyone," she says.
Full of 20/20 hindsight for family members and parents, this book has the most comprehensive resource section (fully indexed) of any book in its category, with readable chapters containing expertise from over fifty professionals who work with seniors on a daily basis in everything from finance, probate, senior living, insurance, veterans benefits, dementia, medical care, locating caregivers, hospice, funerals, and much more. Levow shares dramatic, true stories of caregivers, theft, finances, and family gone awry from more than seventy family caregivers who have actually 'been there and done it.'
President of Launch Pad Publishing, Faye has been writing and editing for over 30 years.
She has been a features writer for magazines and newspapers and has edited magazines, newsletters and numerous books including a Washington Post best-seller. Whether it's about coaching, editing, or publishing, Faye's expertise and passion has helped authors turn their words into empires. She has contributed to many anthology-style books including Sprout the Life you Love and the upcoming Contagious Optimism series, and is co-author of Award-Winning Savory Delights: The Best Restaurants in Greater Fort Lauderdale and author of So You Want to Write a Book? The Best Writing and Publishing Tips.
- Bernie Siegel, MD author of Faith, Hope & Healing and A Book of Miracles: "When love is involved there are no burdens, but there can be problems when one is not well informed... [Book] contains the wisdom and information which, when combined with inspiration, can make the experience of helping an aging parent transform from a curse into a blessing."
- Gary Barg, CEO, Caregiver.com: "Faye has provided a great service to family caregivers by producing a comprehensive and well organized guide through the maze that we all face as we care for our loved ones."
- Kathleen Cleary, Founder and Publisher, ThrivingInTheMiddle.com, helping working women thrive while caring for aging parents: "There are many questions, worries, and stressful days one has while trying to do the right thing...Levow's book provides the answers, resources and wise perspectives that will help any adult child caring for aging parents...a welcome companion as I look for answers to helping my 93-year old Mom comfortably cope with this final season of life's journey."
- William Gladstone, author of The "Twelve" and co-author of The Golden Motorcycle Gang: "What an important and helpful book...essential reading for anyone with parents over sixty or readers who may be getting old themselves...In the future, Getting OLD might mean entering the ninth or even tenth decade of life, but whatever the chronological number this book will be a classic that can reduce suffering and increase joy for every member of the family."
- Lori La Bey, Founder of Alzheimer's Speaks Resources, www.AlzheimersSpeaks.com: "[Book] is the new GPS for navigating Caregiving...real life stories woven with professional and practical wisdom will guide you through the maze of unknowns and ease your burdens and struggles; while helping you embrace and connect with your family on a new level... It will help you maneuver the inevitable road construction and delays that make a caring journey frustrating. Learn from those who have been there and done that. You will be grateful for the insights captured in this book allowing you to avoid costly and emotionally draining mistakes of those who have driven this route before."
For more information on this talented writer, speaker and entrepreneur, please visit: www.OMGMyParentsAreGettingOld.com and www.LaunchPadPublishing.com to participate in the ongoing project, benefit from information shared, join the blog, and save money on purchasing advanced copies of the book.
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.