New Wheelchair Accessible MV-1 Empire Taxi for NYC - Mobility Ventures
Author: Mobility Ventures LLC(i) : Contact: www.mv-1.us
Published: 2016-01-11 : (Rev. 2018-05-01)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Fully wheelchair accessible the MV-1 Empire Taxi provides more legroom and luggage space than other taxi vehicles operating in New York City.
Mobility Ventures LLC, today unveiled the "MV-1 Empire Taxi", a specially designed version of the company's MV-1 that provides more legroom and luggage space than any other taxi vehicle operating in New York City – and is fully wheelchair accessible.
To mark the launch of the "MV-1 Empire Taxi", Mobility Ventures is offering a driver incentive bonus match to existing NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) drivers, along with special MV-1 discount pricing. This will make the versatile "MV-1 Empire Taxi" notably less expensive to purchase and drive than a wheelchair converted NV200, (also called the "Taxi of Tomorrow."), and support the TLC's goal of increasing the number of wheelchair accessible vehicles available to hail. Under this innovative program, an "MV-1 Empire Taxi" will be approximately $10,000 less to purchase than a converted "Taxi of Tomorrow".
MV-1 Empire Taxi
The new "MV-1 Empire Taxi" will have a special pricing of approximately $33,000.
The TLC is offering drivers a $14,000 grant toward the purchase of an MV-1, or any other wheelchair accessible vehicle, bringing the net price of the "MV-1 Empire Taxi" to only $19,000.
The TLC is also offering additional incentives to the drivers of wheelchair accessible vehicles, including a 50 cent per pick up payment to the driver.
Under Mobility Ventures' "MV-1 Empire Taxi" program, for the first 25 drivers who purchase the vehicle, the company will match the TLC's 50 cents for every pick up in an MV-1.
Drivers are eligible for $7800.00 in annual payments from the combined program for driving an "MV-1 Empire Taxi" based on an expected 150 rides per week.
"The unmatched safety, reliability and ease of use of the 'MV-1 Empire Taxi', combined with this new incentive program, makes it the best choice for taxi drivers and fleet owners now making the switch to a wheelchair accessible vehicle," said Pat Kemp, Executive Vice President, Mobility Ventures.
MV-1 Empire Family Transport
"We welcome and appreciate all efforts by the private sector to support greater accessibility in New York City's taxi fleet," said the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission.
Mobility Ventures recently partnered with the DC Taxi Commission (DCTC) to offer a similar incentive program in order to expand accessibility in the DCTC's taxi fleets. Late last year, Mobility Ventures delivered 14 new MV-1 wheelchair accessible taxis as part of a grant initiative that also offered vehicle operation training, free of charge.
More information on the innovative DCTC MV-1 initiative can be found at - Mobility Ventures/Washington D.C. Taxi Commission Deliver First New MV-1 Wheelchair Accessible Taxis As Part Of Innovative Grant Program
What Makes the "MV-1 Empire Taxi" Unique?
- Accessibility: The MV-1 is the only purpose built wheelchair accessible vehicle. The MV-1 redefines accessible transportation with a built-in side-entry power ramp, ample head room, and seating for up to five which includes the ability to safely accommodate two wheelchair users at a time - one of whom rides in the front and the other in the spacious passenger area - making it the perfect solution for consumers, commercial use, and government fleets.
- Safety comes first: The MV-1 safety record is unmatched by any wheelchair accessible vehicle, based on federal NHTSA safety recall data for aftermarket conversion vans. Additionally, the MV-1 meets all Buy America requirements.
- Durability: As the only Original Equipment Manufactured wheelchair accessible taxi on the market, the MV-1 is tough enough for New York City streets. With a maintenance cost below $1500.00 per 100,000 miles, it's the most cost effective too.
Information about the MV-1 family of accessible vehicles can easily be found on our new website at www.mv-1.us The site includes useful information on building/customizing your own MV-1, vehicle specifications, a downloadable brochure, vehicle photos and the nationwide dealer network locations.
(i)Source/Reference: Mobility Ventures LLC. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Amtrak Everyday Rail Travel Discounts : Disabled World (2018/09/06)
- 2 - Roadside Assistance and Home Service for Wheelchair Users : Laura Slawny (2019/06/16)
- 3 - London Public Transport - A Nightmare for Wheelchair Users : Bolt Burdon Kemp (2019/04/12)
- 4 - New Wheelchair Accessible MV-1 Empire Taxi for NYC - Mobility Ventures : Mobility Ventures LLC (2016/01/11)
- 5 - Updated ADA Guidelines for Buses and Vans - Access Board : United States Access Board (2016/12/21)
- 6 - CareRides: Accessible Transportation for the Elderly by Lyft and CareLinx : CareLinx (2016/12/12)
- 7 - NY City Adds 147 New MV-1's to Access-A-Ride Fleet : Mobility Ventures (2014/12/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.