NY City Adds 147 New MV-1's to Access-A-Ride Fleet
Author: Mobility Ventures : Contact: mv-1.us
Published: 2014-12-13 : (Rev. 2016-09-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority Adds Another 147 New MV-1s to its Access-A-Ride Fleet.
Mobility Ventures is proud to announce that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), the mass transit provider serving the New York City metro area and the largest in the nation, has expanded its fleet of MV-1 wheelchair accessible vehicles with an additional order of 147 MV-1s. As the only American-made, purpose-built accessible vehicle, the MV-1 has the proven flexibility, safety and fuel economy to make it a perfect fit for the New York City Transportation Authority and other taxi and paratransit fleets across the country.
Delivery of these additional vehicles from the local MV-1 dealer, Alliance Bus Group, will bring the number of MV-1s in the MTA's paratransit fleet to 398 out of a total of approximately 2,000 vehicles - one-fifth of the entire fleet. Replacing small buses with the MV-1 in the MTA fleet has saved the MTA millions of dollars thanks the MV-1's greater fuel economy and reduced maintenance needs. This delivery represents the third order the MTA has placed for MV-1s.
"Mobility Ventures is proud to deliver this next installment of MV-1s to the MTA. It provides a sign of continued confidence and trust in our company and this revolutionary vehicle," said John Walsh, Mobility Ventures Vice President for Sales and Marketing. "The MV-1 is the premier accessible vehicle, unmatched in safety and efficiency, meeting the needs of wheelchair passengers like no other vehicle on the road today."
"Working with the New York City Transportation Authority and the Department of Transportation throughout the order, delivery, inspection and acceptance process has been a very positive experience," Executive Vice President for Alliance Bus Group Andy Rolfe said. "It is great to see the MV-1's continuing to provide the MTA and their customers outstanding service."
While other accessible vehicles are converted to accommodate ramps and wheelchairs, the MV-1 was designed specifically for those who use wheelchairs. With a built-in side-entry ramp, and ample head room, the MV-1 is redefining accessible transportation options.
Mobility Ventures' MV-1 meets all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards direct from the factory with no modifications. The company recently reported it successfully crash tested 17 vehicles at varying speeds, angles and positions according to federal new passenger vehicle safety regulations.
The MV-1 is dedicated to transporting all passengers, with or without mobility challenges, making it the perfect solution for both commercial fleets and consumer use.
Mobility Ventures is an industry innovator in purpose-built paratransit vehicles for public and private transportation providing design, engineering, marketing, sales, and customer service support. Mobility Ventures is an AM General company. Please see more information about Mobility Ventures at www.mv-1.us
AM General designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide. AM General has more than five decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees at major facilities in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states. Please see more information about AM General at www.amgeneral.com
For more information on Mobility Ventures LLC and the MV-1, visit www.mv-1.us
- 1 - Amtrak Everyday Rail Travel Discounts : Disabled World (2018/09/06)
- 2 - Roadside Assistance and Home Service for Wheelchair Users : Laura Slawny (2019/06/16)
- 3 - London Public Transport - A Nightmare for Wheelchair Users : Bolt Burdon Kemp (2019/04/12)
- 4 - New Wheelchair Accessible MV-1 Empire Taxi for NYC - Mobility Ventures : Mobility Ventures LLC (2016/01/11)
- 5 - Updated ADA Guidelines for Buses and Vans - Access Board : United States Access Board (2016/12/21)
- 6 - CareRides: Accessible Transportation for the Elderly by Lyft and CareLinx : CareLinx (2016/12/12)
- 7 - NY City Adds 147 New MV-1's to Access-A-Ride Fleet : Mobility Ventures (2014/12/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.