Sign Language Interpreter for The Celebrity Apprentice - SignTalk
- Publish Date: 2011/05/19
- Author: SignTalk
Outline: SignTalk was so impressed with Matlin's inspiring message of focusing on abilities rather than disabilities that they donated $1500 to The Starkey Hearing Foundation.
Main DigestSignTalk Provides Sign Language Interpreter for The Celebrity Apprentice.
Donald Trump's ratings for the finale of The Celebrity Apprentice may have gotten a lift from his May 16th announcement at NBC Studios that he was bowing out of his Presidential bid, but millions of viewers have been drawn to the reality show by finalists Country singer John Rich and actress Marlee Matlin's remarkable laser focus on their charities, and record breaking funds raised for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and The Starkey Hearing Foundation.
Cognizant that Rich and Matlin were facing off for the title of The Celebrity Apprentice with the winner earning $250,000 for charity, the professionals at SignTalk® jumped at the opportunity to join this unprecedented competition to raise more funds for charity.
"Star Jones called into the office to request an interpreter for the 7-Up Retro challenge she was helping 'Team John Rich' plan for the final episode of the reality TV show The Celebrity Apprentice," recalled Maria Jimenez, SignTalk® Program Manager.
Ms. Jimenez discussed the nuances in communicating with the Deaf and coordinated the logistics for the event with Ms. Jones. Providing sign language interpreters (SLI) for a public event guarantees equal access of communication for all in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.
Laura Brennan NIC, a certified SLI and SignTalk® affiliate, interpreted for John Rich as he introduced the rock band Def Leppard at his rally to raise money for his charity, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
SignTalk® was so impressed with Matlin's inspiring message, focus on abilities rather than disabilities, that they donated $1500 to her charity, The Starkey Hearing Foundation, and ran a donation-matching campaign to help raise even more money.
SignTalk® is anxiously awaiting the outcome that will take place at the finale on Sunday at 9:00 PM on NBC. The professionals at SignTalk® are gratified by the recognition and appreciation spotlighted on the significant role of the interpreter in the workplace and social milieu of this vibrant nation.
Company Profile:SignTalk® is dedicated to providing sign language interpreters to facilitate communication between hearing, deaf, deaf-blind, hard of hearing and sign language communicators in all types of environments for education, health care, legal, business and government clients.
SignTalk® is a participating company of Comprehensive Network®, Inc - a provider of health, educational & bilingual consulting professional and a Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) CMP/ACET Approved Sponsor of Continuing Education for sign language interpreters.
Visit www.signtalk.org the full range of services SignTalk offers its clients.
- 1 - Purple Enhances P3 Deaf and Hearing Impaired Communications Application | Purple Communications | 2010/01/21
- 2 - British Sign Language: Facts and Information | Neil Payne/George Spence | 2009/01/20
- 3 - American Sign Language Facts and Information | Disabled World | 2009/01/20
- 4 - SRV Canada Video Relay Service for People with Hearing Disability | Canadian Administrator of VRS (CAV), Inc. | 2016/09/29
- 5 - Policy Changes Needed for American Sign language and English Language Learners | Linguistic Society of America | 2018/06/11
- 6 - Study Into How Children With Cochlear Implants Learn Words | MediaSource | 2017/02/27
- 7 - Indian Sign Language Dictionary To Be Release In India Soon | Press Trust of India | 2017/03/22
- 8 - Using Sign Language Builds Phrases with Similar Neural Mechanisms as Speaking | New York University | 2018/04/03
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media