One Handed Game Controller for Playstation and PC
Author: eDimensional and BenHeck(i) : Contact: www.edimensional.com
Published: 2010-02-09 : (Rev. 2019-01-16)
Playstation 2 or 3 and PC game controller allows for one-handed use for those with disabilities.
Unique New Playstation 2/3 & PC Controller Allows for One-Handed Use for Those with Disabilities.
eDimensional, Inc., a developer and manufacturer of innovative gaming accessories has just released the innovative new Access Controller, designed by renowned modder and Games for Health Convention keynote speaker Benjamin Heckendorn (also known as BenHeck).
Customizable Playstation 2 or 3 and PC game controller can be used by persons with one hand - or limited use of their hands.
The Access Controller features a patented new modular control design; each control function found on a regular gamepad (including analog sticks, D-Pad, shoulder buttons, action buttons, etc.) is accessible and built into its own slot and positioned in the layout of a hand.
Additionally, each module can easily be removed and rearranged to suit any gaming style or need.
The concave design rests comfortably on a leg or a table and provides proper balance and resistance for optimal responsiveness.
Disabled gamer James Mannhalter of Alabama said,
"Video games became a way for me to escape the pain of my injuries, the grueling horror of my recovery, and the depression that sometimes comes with a life long disability...Gaming can be very important for someone like me."
Echoes Michael L.;
"I am in the Army and have served over in Iraq 3 times. During my 3rd tour, I was struck by a 400 lb. IED, leaving me without a left hand and right thumb, along with 39% of my body burned. I love to play video games, but haven't been able to since the accident."
Switchable controller button components that can be positioned in any location on the controller to suit your requirements.eDimensional CEO Michael Epstein says;
Gamers contacting us from around the world have opened our eyes to an overwhelming need for gaming accessories suitable for those with disabilities or physical limitations. We could not be more pleased to team up once again with Ben to make his vision of a readily-available single-handed controller a reality. It has become a mission for our company and a truly rewarding experience that we are fortunate to be a part of."
"The Access Controller is also great for any gamer who wants the convenience of being able to reconfigure the controls to suit their specific RPG or FPS gaming style, arcade-style gaming, or those who like to multi-task while gaming.
A portion of all proceeds from the sale of Access Controllers will benefit Children's Hospital and Veterans Affairs Medical Centers.
The controller is now available at www.eDimensional.com and includes support for the Playstation 2, Playstation 3 and PC.
(i)Source/Reference: eDimensional and BenHeck. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Video Game Improves Balance in Youth With Autism : University of Wisconsin-Madison (2017/11/22)
- 2 - Global Access to Serious Games and Content for Kids Brain Health : The Uncomplicated Family™ (2020/04/02)
- 3 - Play Master Cribbage Online Against Computer Opponent Jake : Disabled World (2010/11/14)
- 4 - Pitch Black: A Dusklight Story - Accessible Audio Game : Pitch Black (2019/10/22)
- 5 - Slot Machine Payouts Are Not Random - Here's Why : Jungle Jim (2014/03/11)
- 6 - World of Warcraft Blamed for Bad mental and Physical health : Matthew Anton (2009/02/09)
- 7 - Free Bubble Shooter Game: Includes Hints and Tips for Playing : Disabled World (2010/02/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.