Get Rid of Acne Fast Using Traditional Indian Methods
Synopsis: Indian herbal and home remedy cures for clearing up acne outbreaks fast using only natural products. Acne starts with the over-production of sebum from the sebaceous glands, which results in the blockage of the pores with a sticky mass of the dead cells and oil. People with acne should eat plenty of green and orange vegetables and fruits (Carrots, Spinach, Apricot, Mangoes, etc.), and eggs.
Acne is defined as a skin condition that causes whiteheads, blackheads, and inflamed red growths (papules, pustules, and cysts) to form. These growths are commonly called pimples or "zits".
Sally, a 14-year-old, fair and beautiful girl, felt not as much of confident and had withdrawn from her friend's circle. She felt unappealing because of the unsightly spots on her lovely face, which she thought were the bane of growing up. She tried every cosmetic and anti-acne cream available in the market, and her bedroom was no longer the same; it resembled a little pharmacy. This is not just the story of Sally; with the onset of puberty, adolescents become more conscious about their looks and the skin becomes a matter of grave concern. Acne is a major problem during this time.
Why acne is so stubborn and dreadful?
Can it be cured?
Is there any herbal treatment for the same?
All these queries are discussed by the authors in this article. Let us begin with the beginning...
The Beginning of Acne
Acne starts with the over-production of sebum from the sebaceous glands, which results in the blockage of the pores with a sticky mass of the dead cells and oil. It results in infection that occurs due to bacteria normally present in the skin. These convert the mass into compounds that cause inflammation and unattractive raised surfaces.
Skin irritation may also result from the use of artificial cosmetics. The issue becomes worse by pinching, squeezing, scratching or rubbing the skin area plagued with acne.
One of the most common causes is hormonal imbalance that occurs at the time of adolescence.
Some other factors that send an invitation to acne are emotional stress and sex hormones.
When active during puberty, Androgen (a sex hormone), stimulates the oil glands typically on the face, chest, back and shoulders. Many girls are prone to acne, usually in the week before menstruation.
Although junk food is linked to the problem at times, the prime suspects are sugars, saturated fat and iodized salt (liberally used on chips and other fast foods) contained in them. Diet based on junk foods, snacks, chocolates, soft drinks, and alcohol is low in several vital nutrients. Deficiency of these nutrients may result in eruptions of acne.
Role of Nutrients
One must eat regular and healthy meals. A healthy diet can play a major role in the prevention as well as cure of acne. It is not just a matter of what you eat, but it's about what you don't eat. Many acne sufferers are deficient in Zinc, Nuts, Yogurt, Skimmed milk and skinless poultry can supplement this mineral in the diet. A diet rich in poly-unsaturated fats has been claimed to counteract the problem in people suffering from acne.
- People with acne should eat plenty of green and orange vegetables and fruits (Carrots, Spinach, Apricot, Mangoes, etc.), and eggs. These are a good source of vitamin A which helps to maintain healthy skin.
- Several of the B vitamins are also believed to prevent blackheads and leave the skin less greasy. It helps prevent the appearance of acne.
- Acne sufferers should eat a diet rich in vitamin C as it makes them less vulnerable to infections.
- vitamin E has a healing effect on the skin. It is found in Wheatgerm, eggs and cold-pressed vegetable oils.
Herbal and Folk Remedies
There are several herbal and folk remedies available for curing acne. A few of the most common practices are mentioned below:
- Make a tea from Amaranth (Amaranthus viridis) seeds and use as a face wash. To make the tea, bring 3 cups (0.71 l) of water to boil, add 2 teaspoons of seeds. Cover and boil for five minutes; remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of leaves and steep for 30 minutes
- Make an infusion of Basil (Ocimum basilicum) leaves. Put two to four teaspoons of dried Basil leaves in a cup of boiling water, steep for 10 to 20 minutes, cool, and apply to the acne.
- The pulp of Aloe (Aloe vera) is an exceptional skin cleanser. Juice of the plant counteract infection and promote healing. Break off a portion of Aloe vera leaf and rub the pulp directly on the skin.
- Clean your skin and apply Lemon (Citrus limon) juice with a cotton ball. The acid in Lemon helps flush out the pores and keeps the skin looking beautiful. Another method using Lemon juice is to "steam clean" the face by putting it over a pan of boiling water with a towel over your head to trap the steam. This will loosen the dirt and oil. Then apply a cotton ball to remove the dirt and oil buildup. Use this method once a week.
- Liquefy a peeled Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) in a blender and apply the juice to the acne. Another variation of this remedy is to drink four or five cups of Cucumber juice daily for a week. This is said to purify the blood and lymphatic system, resulting in a clearer skin.
- Rub your acne with raw Garlic, Allium sativum several times a day.
- Grape (Vitis vinifera) seed extract is a powerful all-around antimicrobial agent and is an excellent disinfectant. Make a solution of 4-40 drops in four ounces of water and apply to the affected areas with a cotton ball two or three times a day.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) is valued in Ayurvedic medicine for its varied healing properties due to its antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-viral capabilities. For acne, fresh 5 leaves every day taken in the morning helps in removing stubborn acne.
- Wash your face with Chickpea(Cicer arietinum) paste (mix one teaspoon of chick-pea flour with a little water). Dry with a clean towel. This is also a good remedy to cure acne.
- Drink a tea made by combining 0.5 teaspoons of Cumin (Cuminum cyminum), Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) and Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) and steeping it in hot water for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the tea after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Use a blend of one part Beet (Beta vulgaris) root juice, three parts Carrot (Daucus carota) juice and two parts water to stimulate the liver and to cleanse the system.
- Goat milk applied on the acne acts as a proper treatment.
- Foremost, get rid of associated infections such as skin infections and dandruff. There are several home remedies to cure such kind of disorders.
- One should not scratch, pinch or squeeze acne as that will worsen the situation and will spread it to other areas of the skin. Furthermore, this may leave ugly marks on the face even when the skin heals up.
- Food hygiene as well as body hygiene are an essential part of maintaining good health and keep infections at bay.
- Proper care should be taken and one should avoid irregular diet program. It should be well organized and maintained.
- Avoid excessive amounts of caffeine (in the form of coffee, soft drinks, etc.), alcohol and tobacco.
- Cut down on chocolates, sweets, highly salted snacks and added sugar.
- Practicing yoga, brisk walk, mediation, and deep breathing exercises for healthy mind and body would certainly help in getting rid of dreadful acne.
Garima Sancheti : Research scholar, working at Department of Zoology, Radiation and Cancer Biology Laboratory, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India. She is currently working on herbs and their efficacy against cancer and radiation. She has, to her credit, various research papers in scientific journals as well as articles on the web.
Dr. Deepak Acharya - Head of Pistiss Herbal Research Lab Pvt Ltd.
Discover Related Topics ▶ Page Information, Citing and Disclaimer Disabled World is an independent disability community founded in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can connect with us on social media such as X.com and our Facebook page. Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/health/dermatology/skin/acne/fast-relief.php">Get Rid of Acne Fast Using Traditional Indian Methods</a> Cite This Page (APA): Garima Sancheti and Dr Deepak Acharya. (2012, January 8). Get Rid of Acne Fast Using Traditional Indian Methods. Disabled World. Retrieved December 8, 2023 from www.disabled-world.com/health/dermatology/skin/acne/fast-relief.php
Share This Information To:
𝕏.com Facebook Reddit
Page Information, Citing and Disclaimer
Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/health/dermatology/skin/acne/fast-relief.php">Get Rid of Acne Fast Using Traditional Indian Methods</a>
Cite This Page (APA): Garima Sancheti and Dr Deepak Acharya. (2012, January 8). Get Rid of Acne Fast Using Traditional Indian Methods. Disabled World. Retrieved December 8, 2023 from www.disabled-world.com/health/dermatology/skin/acne/fast-relief.php
Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are never meant to substitute for qualified professional medical care. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.