"The best way to prevent dark circles under the eyes is to eat, drink and sleep well, reduce stress and combat fatigue."
Dark circles can make you look older, tired, stressed, sick, depressed and just plain bad.
Dark circles are a common non-hormonal skin problem or condition, often caused by a very specific physiological mechanism. There are many contributing factors to the development of these dark circles and even more things that can make them worse.
Dark circles are usually caused by one of these primary reasons.
- Vasculature inflammation.
- Allergies and nutritional deficiencies can enlarge the blood vessels beneath the thin under-eye skin.
- Heredity is one of the main reasons to suffer from dark eye circles.
- Stress or depression.
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight, especially during summer.
- Lack of sleep or fatigue.
- Genetic hyper-pigmentation is the most treatable form of dark circles.
Cures and Prevention:
- The best way to prevent dark circles under the eyes is to eat, drink and sleep well, reduce stress and combat fatigue.
- There is one cosmetic, a light-reflecting concealer, which helps because it contains titanium powder which reflects light across the dark area.
- Drink tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. Eat food with rich vitamins and iron. Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Home remedies for dark circles surrounding, or under the eyes include:
- One of the best natural cures for dark circles under the eyes involves using cucumber slices for more information on making cucumber eye pads see Cucumber Benefits for Great Skin and Eyes
- Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday.
- Yoga can also help you to get rid of dark circles. Do pranayam for at least 5 minutes everyday.
- Massage dark circles with any cold cream before going to bed at least for 15 minutes.
- Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice.
- Dip cotton balls in rose water or chilled water and keep it over the darker areas for 5-10 minutes.
- Almond oil is the excellent skin food. Massage under and around the eyes with almond oil daily for 2 weeks.
- Apply moisturizers with natural ingredients such as avocado oil, sesame, vitamin K and Vitamin E.
- Apply a paste of powdered almonds and milk under the eyes.
- Slurp this juice to get rid of those tainted circles. Drink tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt.
- Eat food with rich vitamins and iron. Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Use sunglasses while out in the sun to protect your eyes from the harmful rays.
- Cut some fresh figs in half and place them under the eyes. Keep them there for 15 to 30 minutes and rinse it with warm water.
- Get Rid of Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles at Home
- Eye Stye - Cures and Causes of Eye Styes