Dental Check-up Camp in Shambhu by Surya World Institutions of Academic Excellence
Author: SURYA PHARMACEUTICAL INC.
Lack of hygiene and awareness plagues the dental health of rural people of Punjab.
Main DigestLack of hygiene and awareness plagues the dental health of rural people of Punjab.
Quoting a study conducted by Surya Dental Care Center in villages of Rajpura, Dr B S Sohi, Campus Director of Surya World, said this while addressing villagers at a free dental camp in Shambhu village Friday. Nearly 135 villagers were examined during the camp. In the study by dental surgeons Dr Neha and Dr Sakshi, it has been highlighted that the month is a mirror reflecting one's health. "For instance, there is a growing body of evidence indicating that chronic gum disease may contribute to the development of heart disease," the doctors said,
The survey also revealed that people do not consider oral health a key player towards ensuring dental well being. "Instead, villagers associate dental
Problems with lifestyle-related reasons like improper eating habits and being born with bad teeth-a perception quiet common in rural areas," they said.
Interestingly, the study tracked the patterns of usage of oral health care products in villages and came across the fact that people in rural areas are heavily dependent (37 percent) on non-dentifrice products such as neemstick(datum), Charcoal and ash for dental care. Surprisingly, 70 percent of the sample group had never visited a dentist and a meager five percent visit dentist regularly. Lack of awareness can be gaged from the fact that over 60 percent were not concerned about preventing or curing dental problems.
All this despite the fact that 24 percent villagers had suffered from toothache in the last one year, while 96 percent were aware of the problem, only 17 percent took treatment from a dentist, Dr Neha added.
For more information about SURYA PHARMACEUTICAL,INC. - Please visit www.suryapharma.com/pages/index.htm
- 1 - Disabled God: Disability Ethics Research Paper : Rev. S Manohar Pradeep, B.Sc., M.A., M.A., B.D., (M.Th) (2018/05/06)
- 2 - People with Disabilities In India to get Universal Identity Cards : Shillong Times (2014/08/27)
- 3 - Sashakt - Odisha State Campaign for Disability Inclusion and Divyang Rights : Dr. Sruti Mohapatra (2018/05/09)
- 4 - 20% of Deaths in Bangladesh Attributable to Arsenic in Drinking Water : University of Chicago Medical Center (2010/06/21)
- 5 - Insurance for Disabled in India - Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme : Microfinancemonitor (2015/09/23)
- 6 - Math Kits for Students with Vision Disabilities - Delhi University : Times of India (2015/01/12)
- 7 - Braille Dina Panjhika - Odia Braille Calendar India : Hindu (2014/12/16)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.