Insurance for Disabled in India - Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme
- Publish Date: 2015/09/23
- Author: Microfinancemonitor
Outline: Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme Group Mediclaim Policy for persons with disabilities in India.
The Trust Fund for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities and the New India Assurance Company Limited have launched a Group Mediclaim Policy for persons with disabilities called "Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme".
The Trust Fund for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, under the Department of Empowerment of People with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the The New India Assurance Company Limited on providing a comprehensive and affordable Health Insurance Scheme - "Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme" - for the Persons with Disabilities, on Monday.
Awanish Kumar Awasthi, Honorary Secretary, Trust Fund for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities and Neera Saxena, Deputy General Manager, The New India Assurance Company Limited, inked the MoU in the presence of Luv Verma, Secretary, Department of Empowerment of People with Disabilities.
Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme has been conceived with the objective of providing affordable Health Insurance to people who are blind, low vision, leprosy, hearing disability, motor and mental disabilities. It also aims to improve the general Health condition and quality of life of persons with disabilities.
The scheme has been designed to provide comprehensive cover to the beneficiary as well as his family (persons with disabilities, Spouse & up to two children) with a single premium across age band and can be availed by persons with disabilities aged between 18 years and 65 years with family annual income of less than Rs. 3,00,000 per annum.
The scheme also ensures coverage of any pre-existing condition and a health Insurance cover up to Rs. 2,00,000 per annum as family floater.
The scheme will be implemented through active participation of the National Institutes and Composite Regional Centers for Persons with Disabilities (CRC's) under the DEPwD, MOSJ&E.
Under the MoU, the New India Assurance Company Limited will create a network of Hospitals, where the insured persons can get cashless treatment, said a statement.
- 1 - People with Disabilities In India to get Universal Identity Cards | Shillong Times | 2014/08/27
- 2 - Sashakt - Odisha State Campaign for Disability Inclusion and Divyang Rights | Dr. Sruti Mohapatra | 2018/05/09
- 3 - Disabled People, Disabled World and Disabled God | Rev. S Manohar Pradeep, B.Sc., M.A., M.A., B.D., (M.Th) | 2018/05/06
- 4 - 20% of Deaths in Bangladesh Attributable to Arsenic in Drinking Water | University of Chicago Medical Center | 2010/06/21
- 5 - Insurance for Disabled in India - Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme | Microfinancemonitor | 2015/09/23
- 6 - Math Kits for Students with Vision Disabilities - Delhi University | Times of India | 2015/01/12
- 7 - Braille Dina Panjhika - Odia Braille Calendar India | Hindu | 2014/12/16
- 8 - Free Education for Children with Disabilities in India | Disabled World | 2014/12/04
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media