Free Education for Children with Disabilities in India
- Publish Date: 2014/12/04
- Author: Disabled World
- Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Outline: Free education will soon be offered to children with disabilities 6 - 18 years old as mandated by the Right to Education (RTE) Act.
Presenting awards to achievers in various fields, who are disabled, on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities, she said it was important to ensure education and equality to all.
Similar to sports event, organized at district and State level for senior citizens, Umashree said it had to be done even for people with disabilities.
"Begin with district level and then have the best of districts compete at State level. In the event that will be organized on International Day of Persons with Disabilities from next year on, let winners be given awards," she said adding "we should also have competitions organized for them even at Hampi and Dasara Utsava."
Braille calendar for year 2015 was also released on the occasion.
Also, Niramaya Arogya Vima Yojane was formally launched at the event.
Ashwin Karthik, a person with cerebral palsy, working as software engineer with Emphasis was honoured.
His mother Prabha Nagaraj and friend Bharath, who have supported him through his ups and downs, were also lauded.
A cash award of Rs 50,000 was given to two organizations for exemplary work in helping people with disabilities, eight other voluntary organizations were given Rs 25,000, for four teachers who have been teaching students with disabilities and Rs 10,000 was presented.
People with disabilities, who have achieved marks in various fields, were given Rs 15,000.
- 1 - People with Disabilities In India to get Universal Identity Cards | Shillong Times | 2014/08/27
- 2 - Sashakt - Odisha State Campaign for Disability Inclusion and Divyang Rights | Dr. Sruti Mohapatra | 2018/05/09
- 3 - Disabled People, Disabled World and Disabled God | Rev. S Manohar Pradeep, B.Sc., M.A., M.A., B.D., (M.Th) | 2018/05/06
- 4 - 20% of Deaths in Bangladesh Attributable to Arsenic in Drinking Water | University of Chicago Medical Center | 2010/06/21
- 5 - Insurance for Disabled in India - Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme | Microfinancemonitor | 2015/09/23
- 6 - Math Kits for Students with Vision Disabilities - Delhi University | Times of India | 2015/01/12
- 7 - Braille Dina Panjhika - Odia Braille Calendar India | Hindu | 2014/12/16
- 8 - Free Education for Children with Disabilities in India | Disabled World | 2014/12/04
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media