Free Education for Children with Disabilities in India
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Free education will soon be offered to children with disabilities 6 - 18 years old as mandated by the Right to Education (RTE) Act.
Presenting awards to achievers in various fields, who are disabled, on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities, she said it was important to ensure education and equality to all.
Similar to sports event, organized at district and State level for senior citizens, Umashree said it had to be done even for people with disabilities.
"Begin with district level and then have the best of districts compete at State level. In the event that will be organized on International Day of Persons with Disabilities from next year on, let winners be given awards," she said adding "we should also have competitions organized for them even at Hampi and Dasara Utsava."
Braille calendar for year 2015 was also released on the occasion.
Also, Niramaya Arogya Vima Yojane was formally launched at the event.
Ashwin Karthik, a person with cerebral palsy, working as software engineer with Emphasis was honoured.
His mother Prabha Nagaraj and friend Bharath, who have supported him through his ups and downs, were also lauded.
A cash award of Rs 50,000 was given to two organizations for exemplary work in helping people with disabilities, eight other voluntary organizations were given Rs 25,000, for four teachers who have been teaching students with disabilities and Rs 10,000 was presented.
People with disabilities, who have achieved marks in various fields, were given Rs 15,000.
- 1 - Disabled God: Disability Ethics Research Paper : Rev. S Manohar Pradeep, B.Sc., M.A., M.A., B.D., (M.Th) (2018/05/06)
- 2 - People with Disabilities In India to get Universal Identity Cards : Shillong Times (2014/08/27)
- 3 - Sashakt - Odisha State Campaign for Disability Inclusion and Divyang Rights : Dr. Sruti Mohapatra (2018/05/09)
- 4 - 20% of Deaths in Bangladesh Attributable to Arsenic in Drinking Water : University of Chicago Medical Center (2010/06/21)
- 5 - Insurance for Disabled in India - Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme : Microfinancemonitor (2015/09/23)
- 6 - Math Kits for Students with Vision Disabilities - Delhi University : Times of India (2015/01/12)
- 7 - Braille Dina Panjhika - Odia Braille Calendar India : Hindu (2014/12/16)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.