Honoring the Unsung Heroes of India - Reliance Industries & IBN18
Published: 2010-09-14 : (Rev. 2014-03-15)
Reliance Industries Limited India's largest private sector enterprise in partnership with IBN18 honored 24 Real Heroes of India.
Main DigestReliance Industries Limited India's largest private sector enterprise in partnership with IBN18 honored 24 Real Heroes of India.
Real Heroes is a movement to acknowledge the unsung champions of the common man who strove tirelessly to promote the welfare of others.
These Real Heroes were shortlisted by the editorial team of CNN-IBN, and they were spread across six categories including, Women Welfare, Social Welfare, Health and Disability, Youth, Education and Children & Sports.
The ceremony was attended by luminaries including CMD of Reliance Group Industries, Mr. Mukesh Ambani, his wife, Mrs. Nita Ambani, Sachin Tendulkar, Aamir Khan, Yash Chopra and other eminent personalities applauded the heroes who through their extraordinary work have made a difference. Each of the Real Heroes was presented a trophy along with a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh.
The Real Heroes all represent an inspirational story of selfless service, these range from a mechanic in Jharkhand who has set up an orphanage with his own meager resources to provide education, food and shelter to children who were left orphans due to polygamy or alcoholism to a person who has been fighting to preserve the environment over the past three decades.
From a hockey coach who is on a mission to train players free of cost to an 80 year old gynecologist who is fighting to rehabilitate mentally challenged women and provide them vocational training so they can be financially independent, and many more who have dared to stand up for the betterment of the society were awarded as the Real Heroes.
Speaking on the initiative on behalf of Reliance Industries, Nita Ambani, President of the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation said, "I feel proud today - proud to be an Indian. I also feel proud of the 'Indianness' today. 'Indianness' that puts compassion, kindness and empathy before everything else. We salute the benevolence of these extraordinary people. They embody the purity of the human spirit.They may not have received the spotlight of publicity but their actions radiate the sunlight of generosity. Each of these stories is a font of inspiration. My Real Heroes friends you are our crusaders of hope. Thank you for this."
Finally to conclude the sitting, Rajdeep Sardesai, Editor-in-Chief, IBN18 Network added, "Each one of these real heroes has performed extraordinary deeds to promote the welfare of their fellow citizens and society as a whole. Their path wasn't easy and they have battled tremendous odds ranging from personal tragedy to social opposition and financial constraints. Yet the flame to make a positive impact has continued to burn bright and they have truly been the instruments of change. I would like to thank all our distinguished guests for their presence here in support of the Real Heroes of our nation .
- 1 - Disabled God: Disability Ethics Research Paper : Rev. S Manohar Pradeep, B.Sc., M.A., M.A., B.D., (M.Th) (2018/05/06)
- 2 - People with Disabilities In India to get Universal Identity Cards : Shillong Times (2014/08/27)
- 3 - Sashakt - Odisha State Campaign for Disability Inclusion and Divyang Rights : Dr. Sruti Mohapatra (2018/05/09)
- 4 - 20% of Deaths in Bangladesh Attributable to Arsenic in Drinking Water : University of Chicago Medical Center (2010/06/21)
- 5 - Insurance for Disabled in India - Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme : Microfinancemonitor (2015/09/23)
- 6 - Math Kits for Students with Vision Disabilities - Delhi University : Times of India (2015/01/12)
- 7 - Braille Dina Panjhika - Odia Braille Calendar India : Hindu (2014/12/16)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.