Aeroplan App for People with Disabilities - eSSENTIAL Accessibility
Author: eSSENTIAL Accessibility(i) : Contact: www.esseintialaccessibility.com
Published: 2014-09-23 : (Rev. 2018-06-15)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Aeroplan in conjunction with eSSENTIAL Accessibility now offers a desktop app that empowers people with physical disabilities to access aeroplan.com.
Aeroplan Partners with eSSENTIAL Accessibility to Offer App for People with Disabilities.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility is proud to announce its partnership with Aeroplan, Canada's premier coalition loyalty program. Through the partnership, Aeroplan now offers a desktop app that empowers people with physical disabilities to access aeroplan.com. People who cannot browse the web using conventional methods due to conditions such as arthritis, paralysis or amputation, can use this app to browse completely hands free using tools like motion technology and voice-activated navigation.
The eSSENTIAL Accessibility app provides keyboard and mouse replacement tools that help people with physical, reading and age-related disabilities navigate the web.
The app is free of charge to the end-user and can be downloaded by clicking the blue wheelchair and keyboard icon located on the homepage of aeroplan.com. Once downloaded, the app can be used on any website.
Visitors who click on the icon are directed to a dedicated Aeroplan landing page. Here, they can download the app, learn more about how to earn and redeem miles in the Aeroplan program and read about how Aeroplan gives back through community and fundraising initiatives.
"For the past 30 years it has been Aeroplan's goal to inspire loyalty and enrich the lives of our members, partners and employees," said Chris Willoughby, General Manager, Marketing Planning and Communications, Aeroplan. "We're excited to give members with physical disabilities a tool that will help them engage with our web site and program more easily so they can get to their dream reward goal quicker."
"We are very excited to help Aeroplan enhance its loyalty-building efforts," says Simon Dermer, Managing Director, eSSENTIAL Accessibility. "By helping consumers with disabilities better access the Aeroplan website and its exceptional programs and offerings, Aeroplan will be able to broaden and fulfill its mission of delivering rewarding and enriching experiences to all its members."
eSSENTIAL Accessibility helps organizations build loyalty with people with disabilities.
We offer our partners an assistive technology app that enables people with disabilities to interact with their brand online, and execute marketing communications campaigns that support customer service, diversity and inclusion efforts.
By joining our growing coalition, leading organizations from around the world are reinforcing a disability-friendly brand presence and creating sustainable business and social value by engaging and serving this overlooked market.
For more information, please visit essentialaccessibility.com, follow us on Twitter, or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Aeroplan, Canada's premier coalition loyalty program, is owned by Aimia Inc., a global leader in loyalty management.
Aeroplan's millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2013, approximately 2.3 million rewards were issued to members, including more than 1.5 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers, which offer travel to more than 1,300 destinations worldwide.
In addition to flights, members also have access to over 1,000 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
(i)Source/Reference: eSSENTIAL Accessibility. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 2 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 3 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 4 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 5 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 6 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 7 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.