UK Train Times Accessible iPhone App
Published : 2011-04-13
Author : Disabled World
🛈 Synopsis : UK Train Times App for iPhones provides real time journey planning across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations.
Main DigestUK Train Times App for iPhones provides real time journey planning across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations.
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations.
This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Inquiries' real-time data feeds. The app was previously known as "National Rail Inquiries for iPhone".
Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
'Next Train Home' feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
If you're searching for trains today, you'll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
Add multiple stations to the app's Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in 'Live Departures & Arrivals' and hit 'Save' to create a new favorite.
Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone's Maps application.
Note: The Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
"There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest. " - iPod User magazine
"A train traveler's godsend. " - PC Advisor Magazine
"Our favorite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station. " - MacFormat magazine
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
The UK Train Times App can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes store at itunes.apple.com/gb/app/uk-train-times/id306687757
Related Disability Apps Documents
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : App allows people who are blind to listen to audio, read back printed text from menus in restaurants, to browsing handouts in the classroom.
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Researchers have created speech-to-text software for Google Glass that helps hard-of-hearing with everyday conversations.
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt announces people with speech impairments will now be able to use the Voiceitt mobile app to access and interact with Amazon Alexa.
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Sensory from Within App enables wide range of ages, abilities, and communication styles, to understand the Autism spectrum and gain tools, strategies, and understanding.
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Autism & Beyond App screens for autism by reading facial expressions of children for emotional cues.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-04-13. Title: UK Train Times Accessible iPhone App, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/train-times.php>UK Train Times Accessible iPhone App</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/train-times.php - Reference: DW#468-7429.