Removing Outside Urine and Stool Smells
Published : 2014-05-26 - Updated : 2019-01-22
Author : Disabled World - Contact: www.disabled-world.com
🛈 Synopsis : Hints and tips to remove outside cat dog and animal urine and stool smells from the yard with household or commercial products.
Exposed to the sun and elements, dog or cat urine smells can grow intolerable. In addition, dogs are inclined to use the same spot repeatedly. A few common household ingredients however should help eradicate the urine smell.
Areas with grass that have been affected by animal urine may be brown in color instead of green due to the acid in the animals urine. Cement areas may have a yellowish colored stain.
Outdoor Urine and Stool Odor Removal Tips
- For grass and lawn areas try sprinkling garden lime on the urine patches.
- Cheap lemon dish soap with a bit of vinegar added works wonders. Use a garden hose end mixer and rinse down the area afterwards.
- Use an oscillating sprinkler daily in the area of the yard that the animals mostly use. The water will slowly dilute the urine and allow it to seep into the soil.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the area. Let it sit for at least an hour so it absorbs the urine smell. For cement areas, use a scrubbing brush to scrub the area before you let it sit.
- If the surface is porous, such as cement, and the urine has been left to dry, mix a little bleach with water and pour it over the surface. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing the area with fresh water.
- An oxidizing bleach such as clorox, or mix a chlorine solution for your pool and pour it on. The chlorine will neutralize the urine. This is not advised if you have vegetation in the area. If the chlorine solution comes in contact with the urine and stay wet (active) long enough it will kill the odor.
Commercial Products for Removing Urine Smell
There is a major difference between odor neutralizers and masking agents. A masking agent is not effective for removing odor. It merely covers it up with another, stronger odor. When the masking agent wears off, the malodors become noticeable again.
- Odor Destroyer - Designed to tackle difficult to solve outdoor odor problems, Odor Destroyer - Dry is the superior alternative to lime for outdoor urine odors in your yard, kennel, or dog run. The product is composed of all natural components, completely biodegradable, non-hazardous, and non-toxic.
- Five Star Odor Buster-Outdoor - An all-natural broad spectrum odor neutralizing agent produced from natural plant extracts which eliminates the need for multiple products. Five Star Odor Buster-Outdoor is safe, bio-based, all-natural and biodegradable, and contains no harmful chemicals.
- Yard Odor Killer Stool and Urine Deodorizer - The bottle connects to regular garden hose and is safe for use around children and pets. Safely and effectively eliminates stool and urine odors. You can spray it on any outdoor surface to eliminate odors.
- Sweet PDZ - An odor control and deodorizer of choice for thousands of horse, pet and livestock owners. Sweet PDZ is an all-natural, non-hazardous and non-toxic mineral. It captures, neutralizes and eliminates harmful levels of ammonia and odors.
- SCOE 10X - A technologically advanced ultra premium super concentrated odor eliminator. The reported success of SCOE 10X has been overwhelming.
Related Household Tips Documents
- 1: How to Get Rid of Smelly Washing Machine Odors : Tips and hints to clean and eliminate the odor from dirty washing machines that cause your clothes to smell.
- 2: Get Rid of Refrigerator and Freezer Odors : Tips and information on how to get rid of fridge and freezer smells and how to dispose of old refrigerator units.
- 3: Get Rid of Stale Cigarette Smoke Smell from House : Information on how to eliminate stale pipe cigar and cigarette smoke odor inside the home.
- 4: Making Safe Homemade Pesticides : You don't have to use hazardous or poisonous chemicals to rid your home of pests and weeds. You may have ingredients in your home right now.
- 5: How to Neutralize Chlorine Smell from Pools and Clothing : Information on getting rid of chlorine smell from your body as well as strong chlorine smells from swimming pools.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2014-05-26 - Revised: 2019-01-22. Title: Removing Outside Urine and Stool Smells, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/household/tips/urine.php>Removing Outside Urine and Stool Smells</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-13, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/household/tips/urine.php - Reference: DW#489-10181.