Removing Outside Urine and Stool Smells
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2014-05-26 : (Rev. 2019-01-22)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Hints and tips to remove outside cat dog and animal urine and stool smells from the yard with household or commercial products.
Exposed to the sun and elements, dog or cat urine smells can grow intolerable. In addition, dogs are inclined to use the same spot repeatedly. A few common household ingredients however should help eradicate the urine smell.
Areas with grass that have been affected by animal urine may be brown in color instead of green due to the acid in the animals urine. Cement areas may have a yellowish colored stain.
Outdoor Urine and Stool Odor Removal Tips
- For grass and lawn areas try sprinkling garden lime on the urine patches.
- Cheap lemon dish soap with a bit of vinegar added works wonders. Use a garden hose end mixer and rinse down the area afterwards.
- Use an oscillating sprinkler daily in the area of the yard that the animals mostly use. The water will slowly dilute the urine and allow it to seep into the soil.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the area. Let it sit for at least an hour so it absorbs the urine smell. For cement areas, use a scrubbing brush to scrub the area before you let it sit.
- If the surface is porous, such as cement, and the urine has been left to dry, mix a little bleach with water and pour it over the surface. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing the area with fresh water.
- An oxidizing bleach such as clorox, or mix a chlorine solution for your pool and pour it on. The chlorine will neutralize the urine. This is not advised if you have vegetation in the area. If the chlorine solution comes in contact with the urine and stay wet (active) long enough it will kill the odor.
Commercial Products for Removing Urine Smell
There is a major difference between odor neutralizers and masking agents. A masking agent is not effective for removing odor. It merely covers it up with another, stronger odor. When the masking agent wears off, the malodors become noticeable again.
- Odor Destroyer - Designed to tackle difficult to solve outdoor odor problems, Odor Destroyer - Dry is the superior alternative to lime for outdoor urine odors in your yard, kennel, or dog run. The product is composed of all natural components, completely biodegradable, non-hazardous, and non-toxic.
- Five Star Odor Buster-Outdoor - An all-natural broad spectrum odor neutralizing agent produced from natural plant extracts which eliminates the need for multiple products. Five Star Odor Buster-Outdoor is safe, bio-based, all-natural and biodegradable, and contains no harmful chemicals.
- Yard Odor Killer Stool and Urine Deodorizer - The bottle connects to regular garden hose and is safe for use around children and pets. Safely and effectively eliminates stool and urine odors. You can spray it on any outdoor surface to eliminate odors.
- Sweet PDZ - An odor control and deodorizer of choice for thousands of horse, pet and livestock owners. Sweet PDZ is an all-natural, non-hazardous and non-toxic mineral. It captures, neutralizes and eliminates harmful levels of ammonia and odors.
- SCOE 10X - A technologically advanced ultra premium super concentrated odor eliminator. The reported success of SCOE 10X has been overwhelming.
- 1 - Get Rid of Refrigerator and Freezer Odors : Disabled World (2014/02/25)
- 2 - Get Rid of Stale Cigarette Smoke Smell from House : Disabled World (2014/03/28)
- 3 - Making Safe Homemade Pesticides : Disabled World (2018/03/13)
- 4 - How to Neutralize Chlorine Smell from Pools and Clothing : Disabled World (2014/04/01)
- 5 - Get Rid of Heating Oil Spill Smell from House Basement : Disabled World (2014/04/04)
- 6 - How to Eliminate Smelly Kitty Litter Box Odor : Disabled World (2014/04/17)
- 7 - How to Get Rid of Smelly Washing Machine Odors : Disabled World (2014/04/12)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.