Just5 Drops Price on Leading Mobile Phones for Seniors
Published: 2010-10-02 : (Rev. 2011-03-18)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Price slashed 25 percent on all models to $89.99 making them most affordable on market.
Main DigestPrice slashed 25 percent on all models to $89.99, making them most affordable on market.
In conjunction with this week's AARP Orlando@50+ show, Just5 today announced a price drop on all of its leading mobile phones for seniors, people with poor eyesight or hearing problems and people with medical conditions that require constant care. Previously $119.99, the price has been cut 25 percent to $89.99, making them the most affordable phones for seniors on the market. Effective immediately, the discounted phones are available via the Just5.com website and the company's network of authorized dealers as well as through leading distributors, such as Ingram Micro, TigerDirect and Newegg.com.
Just5 manufactures phones that are designed for optimal ease of use, reliability and emergency response. Five main features include large buttons and a "talking keypad" for simple dialing/texting, a high-volume speaker for amplified sound, a long-lasting battery for reliability, and an emergency SOS button for urgent response. Just5's unlocked GSM 850/1900 band phones enable users to connect with any U.S. or Canadian GSM service provider by inserting a prepaid or postpaid SIM card.
"With the price reduction, our phones are now the most affordable on the market for seniors, thereby emphasizing their value and providing an easy-to-use option for calling and texting," said Alex Petrov, vice president of operations for Just5 Americas. "Our phones are ideal for seniors who have limited or no mobility and have proven valuable in putting the minds of children with elderly parents at ease."
For emergency situations, users can preset up to five phone numbers for 911, family, friends, doctors, etc. If a user presses the emergency SOS button, the phone will text an urgent message (e.g. "I'm having an emergency, please answer") to these five numbers, then dial them in prioritized order. When dialing, the phone will sound a loud siren to attract the attention of others. Once someone answers a call, the phone automatically switches to loud speaker mode for easier communications.
About Just5 -Just5 is a global provider of mobile phones that are designed for optimal ease of use, reliability and emergency response, offering basic features that are ideal for seniors, people with poor eyesight or hearing problems, people with medical conditions that require constant care and children who need a "starter phone." Features include large buttons and "talking keypad" for simple dialing/texting, a high volume speaker for amplified sound, a long-lasting battery for reliability, and an emergency SOS button. Just5's unlocked GSM 850/1900 band phones enable users to connect with any U.S. or Canadian GSM service provider. For more information, visit www.just5.com.
All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
- 1 - Accessibility Features in Android 2.0 Platform : Thomas C. Weiss (2010/01/17)
- 2 - Fring Free Cell Phone Calls and Live Chat : Disabled World (2009/02/02)
- 3 - Chat Rooms on Cell Phones : Disabled World (2009/02/02)
- 4 - Video Chat Increases Self-Confidence, Mood, and Overcoming Shyness : Chatki (2017/10/25)
- 5 - How to Setup VOIP Phones at Home : Jon Arnold (2009/02/05)
- 6 - PC to Phone VoIP Calls using Dial-Up Internet : Nathan Smith (2009/02/05)
- 7 - Big Button CL8400 Mobile Phone with Extra Loud Ring : Geemarc Telecom (2011/08/25)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.