AMI 2017 Canadian Scholarships for Students With Disability
Author: Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) : Contact: ami.ca
Synopsis and Key Points:
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) announces 2017 AMI Robert Pearson Memorial Scholarship campaign will launch Monday, February 6..
Entering its sixth year, the AMI Robert Pearson Memorial Scholarship program offers much needed financial assistance to students with a disability.
The scholarship was renamed in 2016 in memory of AMI's former Accessibility Officer, Robert Pearson, who passed away suddenly in December 2015.
In 2017, AMI will once again collaborate with the National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) to administer the program and engage students with disabilities from across the country.
Two $5,000 bursaries will be awarded to two deserving students with a permanent disability; one from the English community and one from the French.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI's mission is to make accessible media for all Canadians. To learn more visit AMI.ca and AMItele.ca
Since its founding in 1986, the National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) has had the mandate to support full access to education and employment for post-secondary students and graduates with disabilities across Canada. For further information please visit: www.neads.ca
The AMI Robert Pearson Memorial Scholarship launches February 6 and concludes April 30, 2017.
Complete rules and regulations are available at www.AMI.ca/scholarship and at www.amitele.ca/bourse-ami-tele
For further information on AMI and its programs and initiatives, please visit www.AMI.ca or www.AMItele.ca
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.