eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss
Author: eSight and CNIB Foundation(i) : Contact: esighteyewear.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
The scholarship will award five students living with sight loss, with eSight eyewear to help significantly enhance their vision making it easier to achieve their academic goals.
eSight is a leading vision-platform organization with a simple but profound promise: provide individuals with the vision to do more through enhanced vision.
CNIB's scholarship program has always been a valuable resource in helping bridge the disability gap for Canadian students living with low vision.
eSight, the world's leading vision enhancement platform, is pleased to announce a new scholarship program in partnership with the CNIB Foundation, a non-profit organization driven to change what it means to be blind today. The scholarship will award five students living with sight loss, with eSight eyewear to help significantly enhance their vision making it easier to achieve their academic goals.
The CNIB Foundation is a national not-for-profit organization that empowers people impacted by blindness to live the lives they choose. Funded by charitable donations and enabled by the selfless contributions of volunteers, our innovative programs and powerful advocacy drive change in communities from coast to coast to coast.
With eSight 3 technology, students will have enhanced vision to achieve their dreams. eSight is set to empower students who struggle with vision loss through a brand-new post-secondary scholarship in partnership with CNIB. The company will give five students eSight 3 medical devices, starting this fall. eSight is a leading vision-platform organization with a simple but profound promise: provide individuals with the vision to do more through enhanced vision. eSight provides the most advanced and versatile assistive device available for those with visual impairments and is compatible with more than 20 eye conditions including macular degeneration, Stargardt disease, diabetic retinopathy and optic nerve hypoplasia. eSight 3 is registered with the FDA and EUDAMED and is inspected by Health Canada. Learn more at www.eSightEyewear.com
"With our advanced vision-enhancing technology, students can now take more control of their academic and professional lives," said Robert Vaters, eSight President and Chief Executive Officer. "CNIB's scholarship program has always been a valuable resource in helping bridge the disability gap for Canadian students living with low vision. We're proud to be a part of something so special and help more students with their education and following employment."
Program Details and Eligibility
Every year, the CNIB Foundation's scholarship program awards scholarships to students who are blind or partially sighted in recognition of their academic achievements and aspirations. Typically, scholarships range from $1,000 to $5,000. This year, the organization is partnering with eSight to award five students who are highly motivated and have demonstrated personal achievements with eSight devices.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be:
- Pursuing a post-secondary diploma, degree, skilled trades certificate or apprenticeship program in the fall of 2020.
- Canadian citizens or have held landed immigrant status for one year prior to the date of application.
- The scholarship recipients will be chosen based on an essay, two reference letters from a teacher or school volunteer and/or supervisor, and interim transcript.
- Complete an eSight evaluation to ensure the device could be a fit.
Students Using eSight
eSight eyewear has supported many students over the years to complete school by helping them read textbooks, see the board from across the room, and to learn trades that require fine motor skills. In fact, three students who utilize eSight graduated from post-secondary programs this year alone including:
- Drue Collins who dreams of helping others with art therapy
- Jesse Johnson who helped create hospital equipment during Covid-19
- Rahma Ali who used eSight to participate in a Harvard hack-a-thon
eSight users typically live with serious eye conditions such as macular degeneration, Stargardt's disease, diabetic retinopathy, optic nerve hypoplasia and more. A typical eSight user has a visual acuity range from 20/60 to 20/800 but some users live with up to 20/1800.
For More Information and to Apply
- To learn more about eSight visit www.eSightEyewear.com
- For more information on the CNIB's scholarship program, visit www.cnib.ca/en/programs-and-services/learn/scholarships-and-awards
(i)Source/Reference: eSight and CNIB Foundation. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.