$500,000 in Scholarships for Veterans - WGU
Author: Western Governors University : Contact: wgu.edu
Synopsis and Key Points:
Western Governors University (WGU) announces new scholarships for veterans and their families who want to earn bachelor and master degrees.
To honor all those who have served our country, nonprofit, online Western Governors University (WGU) announced today a new scholarship for veterans and their families who want to earn their bachelor's and master's degrees.
The WGU Salute To Veterans Scholarship is valued at up to $2,500 per student and will be applied at the rate of $625 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms, toward WGU's already-low tuition of about $3,000 per term for most programs.
WGU will award up to 200 scholarships to veterans and their families nationwide.
Applications are being accepted now through January 31, 2017.
Additional military scholarships are available for active-duty personnel and their families at www.wgu.edu/militaryappreciation
"The military scholarship that I got from WGU is a blessing for my three kids and me," said Dennis Hall of North Las Vegas, Nevada, who is currently working on his B.S. in Information Technology. "It is allowing me to move forward with my career, it's not breaking the bank, and I feel like WGU is not just here to help me get a degree, but actually investing in my success."
Of the 74,000 students currently enrolled at WGU nationwide, more than 10% are active-duty military personnel, veterans, or dependent family members of military personnel.
WGU has been recognized for nine consecutive years by Military Advanced Education Magazine for being among the Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities and for six consecutive years as a Military Friendly® School by militaryfriendly.com.
All WGU degree programs are competency-based, providing the flexibility that nontraditional students like veterans and their families need. Designed with employer input to meet the needs of adult learners, competency-based education allows students to take advantage of their knowledge and real-world experience to move quickly through material they already know so they can focus on what they still need to learn.
WGU faculty members work one-on-one with students as mentors, offering guidance, support, and individualized instruction. While WGU's degree programs are rigorous and challenging, competency-based learning makes it possible for students to accelerate their programs, saving both time and money.
The WGU Salute to Veterans Scholarship is open to new students who have been officially admitted to WGU.
While multiple scholarships will be awarded, it is a competitive program, and scholarships will be awarded based on a candidate's academic record, readiness for online study, and current competency, as well as other considerations.
For more information, visit www.wgu.edu/veterans
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.