Off Balanced by Zachary Fenell - Exploring Teen Life with a Disability
Author: Disabled World : Contact: Disabled World
Published: 2011-12-15 : (Rev. 2016-09-24)
Off Balanced by Zachary Fenell is a memoir about teen life with a disability and is available on Amazon Kindle and Barnes and Noble Nook.
Off Balanced by Zachary Fenell, a memoir about teen life with a disability, became available on Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble Nook today.
A literary genre, forming a subclass of autobiography, although the terms 'memoir' and 'autobiography' are almost interchangeable. Memoir is autobiographical writing, but not all autobiographical writing follows the criteria for memoir set out below. The author of a memoir may be referred to as a memoirist.
The book explores how having a mild case of the neurological disability cerebral palsy affected Zachary socially as a teenager.
Fenell explains "Having a disability can cause self-doubt and leave oneself feeling inferior to others. My primary goal with Off Balanced is to inspire teens with disabilities to conquer these negative feelings and live fulfilling youths."
Feedback from review copies sent to prominent individuals in the disability community indicates Off Balanced can benefit more than just individuals with cerebral palsy.
John W. Quinn, author of Someone Like Me - An Unlikely Story of Challenge and Triumph Over Cerebral Palsy, states "Off Balanced is not only for those dealing with cerebral palsy - it's a powerful story for anyone who has been laughed at, bullied and/or longed for acceptance." Quinn goes on to say "Off Balanced should be required reading in every high school in America."
Youth speaker Tony Bartoli who travels the country with an anti-bullying message comments "With the descriptions, the wording and his first-hand true life account, Zachary will move many to re-think, 'So, what is disability' I laughed, I fell into deep thought, I reflected, even had three to four tears pour out. By the end, I had my heart pounding out of my chest and ready to dive back into the book again."
The Kindle and Nook release only represents the memoir's initial launch.
For those individuals who long to hold a physical book Fenell fully intends to release Off Balanced in paperback form but explains "Right now there are a few issues I need to address before I can release the paperback version. Hopefully by this time next year Off Balanced will be available in both digital and traditional formats." To stay updated on Off Balanced make sure to visit www.offbalanced.wordpress.com
Ironically Fenell's cerebral palsy helped lead him to pursue a writing career. He sees writing as an opportunity to educate others and increase disability awareness. In the past Zachary has published disability related articles on websites such as Disaboom and Yahoo! Voices.
For more information on Fenell or Off Balanced please send an email to email@example.com
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.