U.P. Book by R.A. Riekki
Author: R.A. Riekki
Synopsis and Key Points:
From a bold new novelist comes a complex tale of friendship and brutality in the book U.P. by R.A. Riekki.
Main DigestU.P. by R.A. Riekki was recently published on Ghost Road Press. The main character in the novel has cerebral palsy.
U.P. by R.A. Riekki was recently published on Ghost Road Press. The main character in the novel has cerebral palsy.
From a bold new novelist comes a complex tale of friendship and brutality. Set in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, U.P. is the story of four teens immersed in an ugly world, one whose threat of violence is always simmering beneath the surface.
U.P. has been Ghost Road Press's bestseller in fiction for the last nine weeks straight and National Book Award winner John Casey nominated the novel for the prestigious Sewanee Writers' Series.
R.A. Riekki's distinctive characters and their poignant quest for freedom is a swan song to lost youth, redefining the traditional coming-of-age story. Four boys, four distinct narratives that converge into a harrowing and heartbreaking whole.
"An exciting new voice. In the tradition of The Wanderers, Trainspotting and other wild rides through male adolescence, Ron Riekki's U.P. gives us an in-the-round look at a tight knit group of "Yoopers." Riekki tells their tale with un-compromised honesty and genuine artistry." --Don De Grazia, author of American Skin,
Born in Marquette, R.A. Riekki has studied writing at Central Michigan, Brandeis, Virginia, and Western Michigan.
U.P. is available at www.amazon.com/u-p-R-Riekki/dp/0979625564
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.