Longevity Clinics - Information on Anti Aging Centers
- Publish Date: 2011/08/26
- Author: Disabled World
Outline: Information and list of Longevity Clinics also known as Anti Aging Centers or Life Extension Institutes.
Main DigestInformation and list of Longevity Clinics also known as Anti Aging Centers or Life Extension Institutes.
Life extension science is also known as anti-aging medicine, experimental gerontology, or biomedical gerontology.
Life extension is the study of slowing down or reversing the processes of aging to extend both the maximum and average lifespan. Some researchers believe that future breakthroughs in tissue rejuvenation with stem cells, molecular repair, and organ replacement (such as with artificial organs or xenotransplantations) will eventually enable humans to have indefinite lifespans through complete rejuvenation to a healthy youthful condition.
Longevity does not necessarily refer to living an extended lifespan. You may live to be a 100 but is it any good if you spend your last years suffering with sleep, wrinkled skin, reduced muscle and bone mass, hearing impairment and visual disability
Ever thought about looking for anti aging doctors
Most of us consider seeing a doctor when we are sick and occasionally for preventive medical reasons. But now with Baby Boomers retiring or near retiring by the millions, more people are choosing to see doctors who specialize in anti-aging treatments and regenerative medicine so they can live out their golden years in excellent health.
Despite the current global economic situation people are still spending money to look and feel younger, and the market for those looking to keep their bodies and minds sharp into their old age has never been larger.
International opportunities for anti-aging and life extension treatments are also expanding rapidly:
There are a wide range of medical treatments available around the world with anti aging drugs, medicines, and treatments being developed in many countries. Traveling Internationally for medical purposes is known as Medical Tourism.
What do Longevity Clinics Do? A Typical Longevity Clinic May:
- Slow down your aging process
- Re-energize yourself through detoxification
- Tend your primary care needs and treatment
- Restore youthful hormone levels with Bioidentical Hormones
- Enhance your strength, endurance, and sense of well-being in everyday life
- Measure your bio-markers to find out where you are in your personal aging odyssey
- Rejuvenate your life by making you look and feel younger than your years through anti-aging medicine
- Take advantage of the latest discoveries in diet, exercise and lifestyle changes to slow the aging process
- Use the latest in medical technology to slow, and often reverse, many of the changes you once thought inevitable
- Bring your adult-onset Diabetes under control by correcting the underlying pathology, often curing the disease itself
- Reverse the process of plaque buildup that clogs arteries rather than simply treating the symptoms of Atherosclerotic heart disease.
- Take advantage of lifestyle and supplement programs specifically designed to lower your risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and dementia.
In Addition Longevity Clinics Can Help With:
- Memory loss
- Falls and balance
- Nutritional counseling
- Medication interactions
- Alzheimer's disease management
Medical aid provided at longevity clinics often comprises of hormonal and nutritional supplements which aid in various age related problems. In-house doctors, personal trainers, personalized diet charts and even cosmetic help is also usually available.
Medicare and Insurance:
Medicare assignment and most private insurance plans are accepted at some Longevity Clinics. If you are part of a managed care plan, it is your responsibility to confirm that their services are covered by your plan. Some managed care plans may require a referral from your primary care physician before you make an appointment at the clinic. Verify with your insurance provider that services at the Longevity Clinic of your choice are covered by your plan. Be sure to bring your insurance card with you to each clinic visit.
A Few of the More Well Known Longevity Clinics Include:
The Center for Healthy Living and Longevity - Multiple locations in the Metro Detroit area (and beyond) of Michigan, offers prescription natural hormone replacement for both women and men. Operating from a standpoint of "functional medicine," every new client's symptoms are assessed and a plan devised to understand the underlying root of their conditions.
Longevity Medical Clinic - Provide leading-edge medicine and services designed to enhance longevity and quality of life. Longevity Medical Clinic is a membership-based medical practice that works exclusively for the benefit and well-being of their patients, outside the restrictive confines of typical insurance company mandates - www.longevitymedicalclinic.com
The WellMax Center for Preventive Medicine - Specializes in preventative and longevity medicine. Located at the La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California (near Palm Springs, in the Coachella Valley of Southern California).
Hall Longevity Clinic - Provides the very best in personalized health care, travel medicine and anti-aging in Miami. They differentiate themselves by providing high quality, diverse health care services to you and your family anytime - anywhere - www.hallongevity.com
St. Vincent Longevity Center - St. Vincent has designed a health clinic with services specifically for baby boomers and their parents. Their trained professionals help patients maintain health and independence as they grow older. Early and accurate diagnosis of a health problem can make it easier to treat. You will have your own healthcare team working to coordinate all the services you need to feel your best. The Longevity Center features primary care, referrals to medical specialists and hospital services, help in filing your insurance, coordination of community services and on-site specialty programs for nutrition counseling, stress management, fitness assessment, and medication interaction.
The Right Longevity Center:
Finding the right longevity clinic can be quite a challenge especially when there are some people out there who pretend to be what they are not. People who are interested to see a longevity physician should make it a point to check the background of the physician before they start visiting his or her clinic.
- 1 - Breakthrough for New Anti Aging Drug | UNSW | 2013/03/11
- 2 - Human Growth Hormone (HGH) - An Anti-aging Remedy? | Disabled World | 2018/11/05
- 3 - 16 Going on 66 - Will You Be the Same Person 50 Years from Now? | University of Houston | 2018/08/17
- 4 - Temporarily Reversing Aging in the Immune System | Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council | 2011/08/19
- 5 - Clues to Aging Found in Stem Cells Genomes | Howard Hughes Medical Institute | 2018/02/15
- 6 - Population-specific Deep Biomarkers of Aging | InSilico Medicine, Inc. | 2018/01/11
- 7 - U.S. Mortality Rate Improvement Slowed by Rise in Obesity | University of Pennsylvania | 2018/01/20
- 8 - People Want to Live Longer - But Only If in Good Health | University of Kansas | 2017/12/15
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media