Accessible List Recorder App for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
Published : 2011-05-27 - Updated : 2013-06-03
Author : Disabled World
🛈 Synopsis : List Recorder is a powerful audio recorder that makes creating lists via iPhone iPod touch and iPad easy for both visually impaired and sighted users.
Main DigestList Recorder is a powerful audio recorder that makes creating lists via iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, easy for both visually impaired and sighted users.
List Recorder combines making lists with an easy to use, yet powerful audio recorder. The result is a handy app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad that lets you quickly jot down and organize information as audio, text or both.
List Recorder enables both visually-impaired and sighted users to create lists of items that can contain text and audio. Record a quick note, include a text memo, give your item a title. Choose the type of information that suits your needs.
List Recorder is excellent for taking quick audio or text notes and organizing them into lists. Its easy to use audio recorder gives you a choice of recording formats, optional stereo, a level meter, the ability to continue recording after pausing or system interruption, three ways to transfer your audio files and more.
You can organize your recordings and other information by making lists of items that can include both audio and text. Items can be assigned do dates. Lists can include other lists.
List recorder was built with accessibility in mind, extending what is possible with VoiceOver alone. Most notable are the tilt motions - a fun, non-visual way to control the app. But there are many other accessibility features such as optimized audio descriptions, maintaining the VoiceOver cursor position between screens, reading an item's text sentence by sentence and a white on black mode setting.
In addition if you use VoiceOver, you'll appreciate how it enhances the way VoiceOver reads text fields and doesn't lose your place in your lists.
List Recorder App Requirements: The standard List Recorder app runs on all Apple iOS devices: iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. There is no special iPad version. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
List Recorder is a great app and well worth checking out. Further information on List Recorder can be found at www.sixthmode.com
The List Recorder App is available from the Apple iTunes store at - itunes.apple.com/us/app/list-recorder/id381936335
Related Disability Apps Documents
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : App allows people who are blind to listen to audio, read back printed text from menus in restaurants, to browsing handouts in the classroom.
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Researchers have created speech-to-text software for Google Glass that helps hard-of-hearing with everyday conversations.
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt announces people with speech impairments will now be able to use the Voiceitt mobile app to access and interact with Amazon Alexa.
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Sensory from Within App enables wide range of ages, abilities, and communication styles, to understand the Autism spectrum and gain tools, strategies, and understanding.
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Autism & Beyond App screens for autism by reading facial expressions of children for emotional cues.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-05-27 - Revised: 2013-06-03. Title: Accessible List Recorder App for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/list-recorder.php>Accessible List Recorder App for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-11, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/list-recorder.php - Reference: DW#468-7788.